Did Mitch get it right in putting UK-UofL at #3 game of season?

UNDERTHEBRIDGE

Moving UK-UofL from opener, was it good?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Moving UK-UofL from opener, was it good?

Simple enough question, did UK AD do a decent thing in moving this game back a few weeks? It seems that interest is HUGE in both teams, word is that this might be the hardest UK sports ticket to find since basketball used to be good....:eek: ESPN seems to be repping this game hard, heck USA Today had a huge article on it. Woodson and Brohm's stock are high, both teams 2-0. Biggest negative, less national exposure and audience reach w/ game on ESPN Classic and competing w/ some other big games.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the change but i'm very disappointed that it will not be on ESPN or ESPN 2. I don't know how I'm gonna catch it in Georgia?

Yeah, if I wasn't going back to Lexington this weekend I'd be scrambling in St. Louis for a friend w/ ESPN Classic. Instead I get to sit behind the endzone:dancingpa

I do not think you can necessarily determine if UK made the correct choice on the simple fact if they win or lose the game. The game was supposedly moved to give UK a better chance of winning the game, not to guarantee victory.

But assuming all is equal, I still contend it should not matter as UL should have the same levels of progression as UK or anyone else.

I don't really see how it made it that much better. Yeah, UK got to get a few games under their belt and to try and get things worked out on both sides of the football, but at the same time you lose people to injury that might have otherwise been healthy (e.g. Ricky Lumpkin, possibly Myron Pryor). It is tought to determine whether this balances out of not, but if one team were to lose a star player like Brohm or Woodson, then it wouldn't be a question.

After seeing UofL in games 1 & 2, KY has to wish they had an earlier bite at the apple. Assuming things are fixed on the Red D, chances are not as good at game 3 than they would have been at game 1. As a side note it is SAD this game is not the national game.... Ill vs Syracuse??? gimme a break. Who blew the game promotion?!

After seeing UofL in games 1 & 2, KY has to wish they had an earlier bite at the apple. Assuming things are fixed on the Red D, chances are not as good at game 3 than they would have been at game 1. As a side note it is SAD this game is not the national game.... Ill vs Syracuse??? gimme a break. Who blew the game promotion?!
I seriously doubt that the defensive effort on display by the the Cards the first two games would have been similar if UK had been there first game.

More than anything I think it has hurt UofL that the summer opponet was Murray and not UK. If it had been UK I think they would have been more prepared for the season. Kragthorpe recieves a great deal of blame in this regard. His inabilitiy to get his team prepared to play in the first two weeks give a negative perception of him.

I seriously doubt that the defensive effort on display by the the Cards the first two games would have been similar if UK had been there first game.

More than anything I think it has hurt UofL that the summer opponet was Murray and not UK. If it had been UK I think they would have been more prepared for the season. Kragthorpe recieves a great deal of blame in this regard. His inabilitiy to get his team prepared to play in the first two weeks give a negative perception of him.

So what your saying is from a UK perspective Mitch got it right.:lol: :lol: