Dayton at Beechwood predictions

Who wins?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Beechwood
    • Dayton

did you watch last week... he also gave up a pick from about the 50 on what could have been one of Dayton's best scoring opportunities late in the game because he threw late over the middle, across his body rolling right... a basic no no of quarterback play (unless you have a rocket of an arm)... don't get me wrong Sherlock has the ability, just not some of the experience yet...

I think they will just continue to split the snaps like they have been...

I agree. The two QB's compliment each other well.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very good Beechwood team. They have size and a great running back. The only piece missing from previous years is overall team speed. That is not saying they are slow, only not as fast as previous years. Dayton should expect Beechwood to play smashmouth football. If, and a big if, Dayton can make a couple of stops, control field position, they have a chance.

I like Beechwood in this one.

Beechwood has size, strength and speed. And when Daytons defense will be on the field most of the game since the offense wont do anything for Dayton. Those big guys on the line will wear down that Dayton defense...

Dayton has plenty of speed in Joe Wyn Chris Young Richard Turner Dustin Trimmnell, Alex Brummett has decent speed and plenty of power.Dayton also has two tackles, Zach Volski and Tim Macentire (excuse the spelling) i believe Zach is 6ft 3 about 255 and tim is 6ft5 270 or so. according to the roster. so in my opnion Dayton has some size and plenty of speed.

IMO from the two games that I seen, the qb position should be up for grabs. Ellis hasnt looked that strong in the two games. In the Holmes game Sherlock came off the bench and gave the Devils a much needed spark. I believe that Sherlock should have the starting position or at least a chance at the starting position.

I see were you are coming from. But Ellis seems to have better pocket presence and is a better scramble. While Sherlock seems to be a 3rd and long, 2 min drive kinda guy.:D

Couple things here:

1. That Beechwood team that Bellevue beat was one of the worst Beechwood teams in years. They even got pounded in the playoffs by LCA.

2. That Bellevue team had an offense to go along with their defense and a star player in Lincoln Adams who could run wild. This Dayton team does not have that star player on offense that can carry them. If they still had their QB from last year then it could happen.

3. You are right about what you said about Ludlow, Bellevue and Dayton these schools do go through cycles in having good teams...However this Dayton team is missing one thing and that is their QB from last year, without him the offense is just not enough this year, because he did so much for that team...

Lets understand one thing here....Hightchew was GOOD.....NOT GOD! Thats why they call it a "team". If it was an individual thing, it would be Golf, or Cross Country....not Football:irked:

[/b]

Lets understand one thing here....Hightchew was GOOD.....NOT GOD! Thats why they call it a "team". If it was an individual thing, it would be Golf, or Cross Country....not Football:irked:

Well the offense has done nothing in its first two games without him this year. So its pretty fair for me to say at this point from what we all have seen, that not having Hightchew this year has hurt the Dayton offense pretty good. I dont know why people are trying to act like what I said is a lie or something, because its just the truth. Its almost impossible to do as well the next year after losing a guy from the year before who did so much for the team. Look at Ludlow the year after they lost Mike Lewis, they didn't do so great. Look at Bellevue last year when they lost Lincoln Adams they didn't do so great either on offense. Losing a guy who did so much for the offense like those guys did and like Hightchew makes it almost impossible to as successful or even close to it the year after. I mean I dont know why people want to argue with me about this because the first two games is pretty darn good evidence to support what I am saying...

Dayton has plenty of speed in Joe Wyn Chris Young Richard Turner Dustin Trimmnell, Alex Brummett has decent speed and plenty of power.Dayton also has two tackles, Zach Volski and Tim Macentire (excuse the spelling) i believe Zach is 6ft 3 about 255 and tim is 6ft5 270 or so. according to the roster. so in my opnion Dayton has some size and plenty of speed.

Yeah that may be true, but it still is not the same as Beechwoods, and that is the difference and always has been the difference between Beechwoods, and the 3 little river schools...

Well the offense has done nothing in its first two games without him this year. So its pretty fair for me to say at this point from what we all have seen, that not having Hightchew this year has hurt the Dayton offense pretty good. I dont know why people are trying to act like what I said is a lie or something, because its just the truth. Its almost impossible to do as well the next year after losing a guy from the year before who did so much for the team. Look at Ludlow the year after they lost Mike Lewis, they didn't do so great. Look at Bellevue last year when they lost Lincoln Adams they didn't do so great either on offense. Losing a guy who did so much for the offense like those guys did and like Hightchew makes it almost impossible to as successful or even close to it the year after. I mean I dont know why people want to argue with me about this because the first two games is pretty darn good evidence to support what I am saying...

I agree... and the Bellevue example is a great one because Lincoln was a big key player on there offense. Just like Hightchew was for Daytons last year. it is also hard on a team to lose there starting QB especially when he was a very big part to a teams success as Hightchew was.

Yeah that may be true, but it still is not the same as Beechwoods, and that is the difference and always has been the difference between Beechwoods, and the 3 little river schools...

Speed is speed and size is size them boys at beechwood aint above that. Well, we will find out friday night. :D Also I think Bellvue beat Beechwood two years ago. It can be done