Dayton at Beechwood predictions

Who wins?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Beechwood
    • Dayton

2-0 Dayton Greendevils with wins over two 5A schools travel to Fort Mitchell for a date with the red and white Tigers who are also 2-0.

Is this flat out a winnable game for Dayton or will Beechwood remind everyone that they are the top team?

Neither offense has exploded this year. Dayton had three short fields for the three TDs versus Holmes and put up only 14 on Scott. Beechwood rallied from behind to put up 21 on a solid Dixie team and added 20 on Lloyd. Which team gets in in gear this week?

Or will the Defenses dominate?

Thoughts?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First district game for both of these teams.

2-0 Dayton heads to to meet the 2-0 Beechwood tigers.

Dayton's defense came out strong against holmes and shut scott down in the second half. Can Dayton stop the high scoring beechwood offense?

Predictions?

2-0 Dayton Greendevils with wins over two 5A schools travel to Fort Mitchell for a date with the red and white Tigers who are also 2-0.

Is this flat out a winnable game for Dayton or will Beechwood remind everyone that they are the top team?

Neither offense has exploded this year. Dayton had three short fields for the three TDs versus Holmes and put up only 14 on Scott. Beechwood rallied from behind to put up 21 on a solid Dixie team and added 20 on Lloyd. Which team gets in in gear this week?

Or will the Defenses dominate?

Thoughts?

Dayton will maybe keep it close for a quarter and a half because they do have a decent defense. But they really have no offense at all this year, and probably wont do anything against Beechwoods defense. And Beechwoods offense is a good offense with a huge line and guys who can make plays. Beechwood is definitely the better team and will show it when they play.

Beechwood 35

Dayton 0

Dayton will maybe keep it close for a quarter and a half because they do have a decent defense. But they really have no offense at all this year, and probably wont do anything against Beechwoods defense. And Beechwoods offense is a good offense with a huge line and guys who can make plays. Beechwood is definitely the better team and will show it when they play.

Beechwood 35

Dayton 0

Dayton does have a good offense. Their defense has continued to step up and shut people out and the offense always seems to step in when the plays are needed and score. But i do think this will be an all out defensive battle. Dayton will have to bring their A game this week but i'm taking Dayton 13 to 7

Dayton does have a good offense. Their defense has continued to step up and shut people out and the offense always seems to step in when the plays are needed and score. But i do think this will be an all out defensive battle. Dayton will have to bring their A game this week but i'm taking Dayton 13 to 7

you show your bias...

Dayton can win the game, but not with the offense that they shown last week... It was blatant that they relied too much on mistakes of Scott last week to win the game... They can win, but it needs to be a superb effort with no almost zero mistakes... and by that I mean penalties, turnovers, etc....

you show your bias...

Dayton can win the game, but not with the offense that they shown last week... It was blatant that they relied too much on mistakes of Scott last week to win the game... They can win, but it needs to be a superb effort with no almost zero mistakes... and by that I mean penalties, turnovers, etc....

So, in other words, Beechwood will win. There is not a H.S. team in the country that can play a game "with almost zero mistakes."

I think Dayton will struggle to move the ball consistantly against Beechwood and in the end that will cost them because Beechwood's special teams will take over field position-wise.

Dayton will obviously not have to turn the ball over on offense and if they could advance the ball enough to make Beechwood go 80 or 90 yards to score it would help.

A near perfect game may be needed, and it has been done before, but looks like Dayton is facing a tough task.