Dayton at Beechwood predictions

Who wins?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Beechwood
    • Dayton

So, in other words, Beechwood will win. There is not a H.S. team in the country that can play a game "with almost zero mistakes."

Yeah there is.... every team makes some mistakes but if you minimize your mistakes and capitalize on the other teams mistakes then you win football games...

Not trying to be mean or break any rules here, but please, do NOT put words in my mouth... I say what I mean...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you show your bias...

Dayton can win the game, but not with the offense that they shown last week... It was blatant that they relied too much on mistakes of Scott last week to win the game... They can win, but it needs to be a superb effort with no almost zero mistakes... and by that I mean penalties, turnovers, etc....

Yes that is true.

They seemed to come out flat last week and to win this week they need to come out strong and keep going. They did rely on penelties and their defense to much and beechwood will make plays this week. So that means Daytons offense needs to step up and makes plays too.

Yes that is true.

They seemed to come out flat last week and to win this week they need to come out strong and keep going. They did rely on penelties and their defense to much and beechwood will make plays this week. So that means Daytons offense needs to step up and makes plays too.

I agree Dayton Came out in the second half a totally different team.....they Stopped Scott from Scoring and Put together A decent drive to take the win .... But if Dayton looks to beat beechwood they better come to play ... Both Halfs

Dayton 21

Beechwood 17

IMO, I don't think the number of A's of a given school tend to matter much in NKY except for CCH, Highlands and maybe Ryle on the high side and Dayton, Bellevue and Ludlow on the low side. In another words, a lot of small schools are pretty competitive regardless of size. So, the fact that Dayton beat Holmes and Scott would not influence my decision to a material degree. Although I love an underdog, I don't think the Green Devils can compete with the red and white Tigers, even though the Tigers do not seem to be playing at the level they are expected to ...yet. (?)

Tigers 35

Devils 7 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd.

IMO, I don't think the number of A's of a given school tend to matter much in NKY except for CCH, Highlands and maybe Ryle on the high side and Dayton, Bellevue and Ludlow on the low side. In another words, a lot of small schools are pretty competitive regardless of size. So, the fact that Dayton beat Holmes and Scott would not influence my decision to a material degree. Although I love an underdog, I don't think the Green Devils can compete with the red and white Tigers, even though the Tigers do not seem to be playing at the level they are expected to ...yet. (?)

Tigers 35

Devils 7 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd.

I like that u take in consideration that Dayton seems to be a 4th quarter team.... but Dayton D seems soild and i see this being a much closer game....Dayton has 16 focused Seniors on a mission...they will come to play

I like that u take in consideration that Dayton seems to be a 4th quarter team.... but Dayton D seems soild and i see this being a much closer game....Dayton has 16 focused Seniors on a mission...they will come to play

How conditioned are the Devils? BHS must be in very good shape to still have gas in the tank in the 4th qtr against DHS. For what my opinion is worth, I don't give a lot of credit beating Holmes and Scott, whether it's in the 1st qtr or the 4th qtr.

All I can say is that Beechwood will show up and hopefully give Dayton a game.

:laugh:

I think it is funny how a few people are actually considering that someone in the small school district might have the ability to play with Beechwood and you get offended...

If you notice, a lot of people still say it is Beechwoods game to win still, but if they make mistakes, Dayton can. In the past, Beechwood could screw up turn it over, have penalties, and still probably come out on top. All people are saying is not this year and you get offended...:lol:

How conditioned are the Devils? BHS must be in very good shape to still have gas in the tank in the 4th qtr against DHS. For what my opinion is worth, I don't give a lot of credit beating Holmes and Scott, whether it's in the 1st qtr or the 4th qtr.

From what I have viewed, Dayton seems to be in great condition. Both games they have come in with big 4th quarter drives to take the win, so they basically outlasted both 5a schools. In my opinion they seem pretty well conditioned

Same things were said 2 years ago when Bellevue played Beechwood and I believe Bellevue won than game. The arrogance that some Beechwood fans have that every once in a while yes a team can play with them is incredible. No on a consistent year after year basis Bellevue, Dayton, and Ludlow have not proven to be competitive.........but they do have years where they can and when you point this out the Beechwood faithful become very arrogant. This season Dayton has the ability to compete with Beechwood. That is all anybody is really saying. And.............if Holmes is not a good win what does that say for Holy Cross getting ripped by Holmes? Dayton is a good team.......and they can play with teams on a given night.

:laugh:

I think it is funny how a few people are actually considering that someone in the small school district might have the ability to play with Beechwood and you get offended...

If you notice, a lot of people still say it is Beechwoods game to win still, but if they make mistakes, Dayton can. In the past, Beechwood could screw up turn it over, have penalties, and still probably come out on top. All people are saying is not this year and you get offended...:lol:

If I remember right, you told/asked me not to put words in your mouth, I ask the same from you. I am not offended by anything anyone says on here. Everyone gets tooooooo serious. I post to have fun and voice my opinion and hopefully, not offend or make anyone mad.(we all know this is impossible)

Believe me when I say, everyone close to the team takes one game at a time and everyone/anyone has a chance to beat each other on any given night. Remember, we are dealing w/teenagers and anything can happen w/them.

Question, why is it that it is always the Beechwood/HHS/CCH fans that are called arrogant when talking up their teams?? Is it not OK for those fans to do that, everyone else does it for their teams??

To the thread, I think I will take Beechwood(9-7) in a thriller!!