NewCath 9 CovCath 0

98NCCalum

Very well said. The objective of the regular season is to improve while hopefully winning games. If you can't win, then the improving part is key.

Considering the defense is on the field alot now and that they really didn't break versus a decent offensive team like NCC, that situation might even get better if the offense comes around.

And OL play takes time to develop. So if Covcath can hold good teams to 14 or under there's always the chance that the O starts producing enough to win. Patience. Heck look at NCC last year. 2-5 start and struggling on offense and then boom it all kicked in.

Not that I expect this to happen, but I remember starting 0-4 and then winning a state championship. That probably will not happen this year, but the reason that you play a tough schedule is to prepare yourself for the post season. CCH will get better with every game and if nothing else they will let Coach Brossart settle in and get valuable experience along the way.:jump:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I expect this to happen, but I remember starting 0-4 and then winning a state championship. That probably will not happen this year, but the reason that you play a tough schedule is to prepare yourself for the post season. CCH will get better with every game and if nothing else they will let Coach Brossart settle in and get valuable experience along the way.:jump:

If they start 0-4 and They will not!!! They will not make the playoffs with the new schedule set up. Because an 0-4 start means 0-2 in their district with losses to Dixie, and Scott, with Holmes and Highlands left to play.

I will predict IF CCH starts 0-4 they will go 0-10. But this will not happen they will finish 2 or 3 in their district and be a tough opponent in the Playoffs.

See, you've gone "glass half empty" while I've tried to go the other way.:lol:

PVS: Not sure. He's not even close to returning from what I understand. Outstanding athlete - better kid. Lots of big time potential with his size and speed combo.

I think you might have been misinformed on not even close to returning, or maybe its your opinion of whats close. Thinking positively he could be back by Highlands, but it's more probable that he'll be back by Beechwood in week 6.

It's either 86 or 87. NewCath had Jacobs and crew in '86. CovCath had Wolfe and crew in '87. I'm going with '86.

It wasn't 87. CovCath was 14 - 1 and state champs that year. Only loss was to Boone 7 - 6 in the season opener. In 86 CovCath was 6 - 4, so it could have been that year.

I think you might have been misinformed on not even close to returning, or maybe its your opinion of whats close. Thinking positively he could be back by Highlands, but it's more probable that he'll be back by Beechwood in week 6.

Good to hear. I had heard otherwise. I'll go with your story.

Three words for him..... "Don't Rush It!" Your team will need you more in the playoffs than against Beechwood.