Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Here it is, Wilson Sears slamming everyone!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 120
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the early edition

 

Publics consider boycott of privates

 

I'm still waiting for him to define 'level playing field'...it's entirely subjective. He's frustrated and angry because he can't simply have his way and then tell us when we're "there"? This is absurd!

Here's the early edition

 

Publics consider boycott of privates

 

"Eastern principal Jim Sexton, a former president of the KHSAA Board of Control, doesn’t think a boycott would be an option."

 

NKY is out, looks like Louisville is out. The last leg of the triangle is represented by Stu Silberman, and he is in a tough spot. He was putting some effort into building bridges to LexCath. But he is a supposed supporter of Prop 2 and he will be under pressure by the Fayette schools to get tough. Right now LexCath is the whipping boy, but LCA is following a similar athletic program path and is certainly on the Fayette's public school ADs radar screen.

I agree--all special education students should be given vouchers to attend private schools where they can get good educations.:devil:

 

I don't know of many private schools that teach SP . The one that I taught at the students had to pass a test to enroll .

yawn............... theres got to be something better to talk about

"Eastern principal Jim Sexton, a former president of the KHSAA Board of Control, doesn’t think a boycott would be an option."

 

NKY is out, looks like Louisville is out. The last leg of the triangle is represented by Stu Silberman, and he is in a tough spot. He was putting some effort into building bridges to LexCath. But he is a supposed supporter of Prop 2 and he will be under pressure by the Fayette schools to get tough. Right now LexCath is the whipping boy, but LCA is following a similar athletic program path and is certainly on the Fayette's public school ADs radar screen.

As much as I would like to think Louisville is out I don't believe it. Jim "call me Mr." Sexton's school has been boycotting Trinity for about 5 years now by refusing to play them in any sport at the JV or Freshman level and only in varsity where required for district or regional purposes. The other schools in the football district with Trinity have followed suit. They don't call it a boycott however, they call it a "scheduling philosophy".

Didn't Lexington do this to LexCath a few years ago? Is that still going on? Do some schedule them and others don't?

Didn't Lexington do this to LexCath a few years ago? Is that still going on? Do some schedule them and others don't?

 

LexCath ban is still in effect for all Fayette schools, at least in the 'major' sports. Hence why Stu does not need to change status quo in Fayette County to support the ban. If fact he can stay silent and not create a stir and still give Sears what he (Sears) wants.

As much as I would like to think Louisville is out I don't believe it. Jim "call me Mr." Sexton's school has been boycotting Trinity for about 5 years now by refusing to play them in any sport at the JV or Freshman level and only in varsity where required for district or regional purposes. The other schools in the football district with Trinity have followed suit. They don't call it a boycott however, they call it a "scheduling philosophy".
It's Eastern's prerogative to schedule as they wish .... it doesn't mean Sexton is going to lead a boycott.
It's Eastern's prerogative to schedule as they wish .... it doesn't mean Sexton is going to lead a boycott.

You're going to be in trouble. You didn't call him Mr. Sexton.

 

So when Eastern suddenly stops scheduling Frosh and JV games after years of doing so (and coincedentially so did every school in the footabll district) that's a scheduling philosophy not a boycott? Make no mistake it is an attempt on Eastern's part to "punish" Trinity for taking "their" students. I know everyone on the internet seems to have "inside sources" for information. Well I do as well on this issue.

 

The only thing I will give Sears in this whole mess was that he was open and truthful in using the word boycott. Some haven't been.

So Silver Grove needs to just work harder to compete against Highlands, Scott County, St. X, Lex Catholic and the like?

You forgot Trinity:thumb:

You're going to be in trouble. You didn't call him Mr. Sexton.

 

So when Eastern suddenly stops scheduling Frosh and JV games after years of doing so (and coincedentially so did every school in the footabll district) that's a scheduling philosophy not a boycott? Make no mistake it is an attempt on Eastern's part to "punish" Trinity for taking "their" students. I know everyone on the internet seems to have "inside sources" for information. Well I do as well on this issue.

 

The only thing I will give Sears in this whole mess was that he was open and truthful in using the word boycott. Some haven't been.

I was an asst. at Fern Creek in 2003 and we had a really good freshman team, we WANTED to play Trinity, we begged the AD, but he wouldn't budge, even though he's a St. X grad and on top of that, the week we played Trinity in varsity, we played St. X in freshman.:confused:

I think Mr. Sears should call Christopher 2X here in Louisville. I bet he will help him! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can think of one Campbell County Catholic HS that would love to see the Diocese's designated feeder schools' guidelines followed!! :D

The Diocese has designated feeder schools, but no one will ever be held to attending that high school. That is not the intention, and never will be based on an open letter from Dr. Bowman, the superintendnt, sent to all grade schools when the Proposal 2 issue was first raised. The Diocese IS one school system.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.