Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs Ryle Predictions

Featured Replies

100 degrees Friday. Anyway the start of the game is moved to later in the evening?

IMO the season begins about 2 weeks too early for just this reason

 

What time does the game start?

 

This year the season is actually starting a week later. Unless you start the season in October, you are always taking a chance on very hot games til at least mid September.

  • Replies 145
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really, this year's line is probably bigger, faster, and stronger than last year. Hemfling is like 6'4", Stein is around 6'3", Ball is a hefty 6'0", the other guard (depending on who rotates in) is about 6'0", and the center is about 6'0" too (maybe shorter, haven't seen him recently). These boys are angry and ready to push some defenders around. Ryle's line is going to have to be deep and in great shape to keep up with these linemen. They are all very very strong, hard working individuals.

 

While I agree with the idea that our line is going to be very good as the year develops (we are not there yet because the line is still "green" as a unit and we need to do a better job picking up blitzes and stunts), I'm not sure I agree that the line is bigger and stronger than last year's and I'll leave it at that as I don't want to turn this thread into an internal debate about Highlands line comparisons. Lets just leave it with the thought that, based on what I've observed so far, any off season concerns about our line this year should probably prove to be unfounded. Add in the Cecil/Guidugli combo at qb, the running of Conner/Head/Crawford/Collinsworth and the pass catching abilities of Draper/Simons/Bathiany/Buten/Jurgens/O'Brien should result in a very potent offense this year. Defense is not a concern and never was. Unless we have breakdowns on special teams, Highlands should be well positioned to pick up No. 17 this year. And the whole team is angry and motivated to do that.

It's the special teams that worry me........Punt return in particular. But this will get better as they gain experience as to when and when NOT to try and catch the ball. Game awareness of score, time of game, how ball is kicked all need to be "processed" prior to deciding to make the catch or yell "Peter".

What time does the game start?

 

This year the season is actually starting a week later. Unless you start the season in October, you are always taking a chance on very hot games til at least mid September.

7:30 Kickoff. I don't know if bumping it 8:30 makes much of a difference temp wise other than the sun is down. 100 is just awful hot for these guys.

7:30 Kickoff. I don't know if bumping it 8:30 makes much of a difference temp wise other than the sun is down. 100 is just awful hot for these guys.

 

I thought all games in NKY were bumped to 7:00 this year...

I thought all games in NKY were bumped to 7:00 this year...

I thought so too. All of the local coaches agreed on it.

I thought so too. All of the local coaches agreed on it.

 

 

One school did not agree, but I don't recall which school and their games are still at 7:30.

7:30 Kickoff. I don't know if bumping it 8:30 makes much of a difference temp wise other than the sun is down. 100 is just awful hot for these guys.

 

So Friday's game is at 8:30?:confused:

7:30 Kickoff. I don't know if bumping it 8:30 makes much of a difference temp wise other than the sun is down. 100 is just awful hot for these guys.

 

 

My schedule shows the game at 7:00. And my guess until someone official says to the contrary it stays at 7:00.

One school did not agree, but I don't recall which school and their games are still at 7:30.

 

Not sure who that is but I know it wasn't Ryle...

So Friday's game is at 8:30?:confused:

 

:lol: :lol:

 

Someone's confused. Does it really matter, you'll be there by 5:30 anyway...:D

Not sure who that is but I know it wasn't Ryle...

It was Scott.

:lol: :lol:

 

Someone's confused. Does it really matter, you'll be there by 5:30 anyway...:D

 

I have too many football schedules and times to keep up with this year. :creepy:

By the way, no better way to remember the one year anniversary of the passing of Quinn than to end the week with a Bluebird victory...'Win for Quinn'

By the way, no better way to remember the one year anniversary of the passing of Quinn than to end the week with a Bluebird victory...'Win for Quinn'

What is the actual date? Hard to believe it's been a year already. :cry:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.