Who was the Commonwealth's Best team in 2006....

RockPride

Which team was the best in KY, in 2006?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Which team was the best in KY, in 2006?

Someone must have been on a bar stool to make such a quote about CovCath been the best team in the state in 2006. We'll never know who was so all of this is speculation. Ok, CovCath beat Boone and Boone beat Ryle, but Trinity killed Ryle in the state. The 41-6 could have been worst but most every T player was in that game. Maybe CovCath can schedule a game with the Rocks in the next year or two and settle this issue.

I'd like to see CovCath and Trinty play in the future as well. But it wouldn't definitively settle which team was better in 2006.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see CovCath and Trinty play in the future as well. But it wouldn't definitively settle which team was better in 2006.

I was going to post something similar, you beat me to it.

As it is we can only compare the 2006 squads, but sadly we cannot see them compete against each other.

Someone must have been on a bar stool to make such a quote about CovCath been the best team in the state in 2006. We'll never know who was so all of this is speculation. Ok, CovCath beat Boone and Boone beat Ryle, but Trinity killed Ryle in the state. The 41-6 could have been worst but most every T player was in that game. Maybe CovCath can schedule a game with the Rocks in the next year or two and settle this issue.

I think CCH has all they can handle with thier schedule right now. I will bet Dale will be barking up one of the Big Boys trees next few years. He has some unbelievalbe classes coming through right now!! As far as the best team in 2006, i would have to go with Trinity followed closely by Male and then CCH. I just think CCH had a really special group in 2006 with a pretty good coach to boot.

While Trinity was excellent and earned the Championship, "could have been worse" is simply not true. By the way, it was 41-7, do not know how you got 6. T could not score on their 1st 3 possessions, and their 1st score was with a short field after a turnover. They also had 1st and goal with their 1st team O at the one, could not get it in. Many of their scores were on or field position enhanced by broken plays, great individual plays by a scrambling Petrino. Ryles D stopped much of their standard O, but could not handle Petrino's great scrambling. They even ran a statue of Liberty early 4th qtr, and were throwing downfield often in the 4th. And their 1st team O was in at least until late 4th. Meanwhile, what most people do not know, Ryle lost an O lineman in the 1st qtr, had to shift another and bring in an inexperienced lineman. Basically they lost their rythm on the whole left side of the line. They were just not in the position to have the depth of Trinity, that is just the breaks for Ryle. But could have been worse is simply untrue, T tried their hardest for points, and that is OK, but not a case of could have been worse. Not trying to take anything away from Trinity, and congratulations to them. Just trying to things real.

And I vote for Trintiy clearly as the best on 2006. They beat the best in the biggest class week after week!

Male...We didn't lose...we ran out of time. We had two more downs to run.

Give Douglas the ball on those two downs.

Rocks won it fair and square, they were the best team in 06.

I still can't believe the ball wasn't put in Beaumont's hands on either of the final two plays they were able to run...

I still can't believe the ball wasn't put in Beaumont's hands on either of the final two plays they were able to run...

I was told that the last play called was to be a pass to Doug in the end zone but the QB ran instead. I have not seen the play on film and how it all unfolded but individuals clam Doug was wide open in the middle of the end zone with his arms up. All I know is that we won the game and the title. It was a great run. I did not vote for my rocks as the best team on this poll because I still think that Male had more talent and should have won. I think the biggest factor in the last two years for Trinity in big games is we have fantastic coaches. I honestly think we will have more talent on the field this year as a whole. Final note if you say the best team is the one with the total package of players and coaches I think without question trinity was the best in 06 at all levels but not by players alone.

I was told that the last play called was to be a pass to Doug in the end zone but the QB ran instead. I have not seen the play on film and how it all unfolded but individuals clam Doug was wide open in the middle of the end zone with his arms up. All I know is that we won the game and the title. It was a great run. I did not vote for my rocks as the best team on this poll because I still think that Male had more talent and should have won. I think the biggest factor in the last two years for Trinity in big games is we have fantastic coaches. I honestly think we will have more talent on the field this year as a whole. Final note if you say the best team is the one with the total package of players and coaches I think without question trinity was the best in 06 at all levels but not by players alone.

He was wide open. He was open on the last two plays. I thought we were sunk both times.

If Trinity and Male were the top two, CovCath wasn't far behind. A game between CovCath and Trinty or Male would have been fun to see in 2006.

I don't know I tell you what I think Trinity played better against MBA, a game they lost, than they did any other game the rest of the season. I say they were the best team all the way around and they would have handed CovCath their behinds had they played...totally different class of football.

I admire CovCath for playing those tough games like Elder, CinStX, Bsp Watterson etc all teams the LOST to. While they beat many they didn't blow out the better teams in their own class, Highlands gave them all they wanted and it was a GAME with LexCath in the playoffs

That's certainly the definition of TEAM in my eyes.

I went with Mercer Co., based on the entire body of work throughout the season... I know they didn't win as big in the Finals as CC or Trinity, but, imo, they were a more dominant team in there class than the others were.

This does not mean I think they would beat Trinity or X or Male, but, if you ask "Who's the best team in the state" , it should always be the bigger class team...Thats why they have a class system, so, my take on it, is who was the Best of the Championship teams vs the other teams in there class and I think Mercer would get the nod there...