Who was the Commonwealth's Best team in 2006....

RockPride

Which team was the best in KY, in 2006?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Which team was the best in KY, in 2006?

People forget NKY doesn't have the luxury of a catholic 4A powerhouse or now what would be a 6A I guess. CovCath is as close as it gets. If we did have a 6A catholic school you can COUNT on KY football being different in the playoffs. People are not giving CCH any credit. I know this board is full of Trinity homers and of course they won't say Trinity is anything less than #1, I understand that. But CCH had a great team last year, and has the last few. Very deep on both sides of the ball, good recievers and a running game, mean defense.

They played well with Elder and Cincy St X.. maybe if Trinity had crossed the river last year we could have put it into better perspective. Losing to Elder by 10 and playing well with St X until Ashley just went off was impressive for a lil 3A school. I will stand by CCH being one of the top if not best team in the state last year.. and I DON'T even like CCH.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People forget NKY doesn't have the luxury of a catholic 4A powerhouse or now what would be a 6A I guess. CovCath is as close as it gets. If we did have a 6A catholic school you can COUNT on KY football being different in the playoffs. People are not giving CCH any credit. I know this board is full of Trinity homers and of course they won't say Trinity is anything less than #1, I understand that. But CCH had a great team last year, and has the last few. Very deep on both sides of the ball, good recievers and a running game, mean defense.

They played well with Elder and Cincy St X.. maybe if Trinity had crossed the river last year we could have put it into better perspective. Losing to Elder by 10 and playing well with St X under Ashley just went off was impressive for a lil 3A school. I will stand by CCH being one of the top if not best team in the state last year.. and I DON'T even like CCH.

At the current tally only 12 of the 60 votes for Trinity actually have come from Trinity posters. Many of them come from NKY and Lexington too so it isn't just a regional thing either.

At the current tally only 12 of the 60 votes for Trinity actually have come from Trinity posters. Many of them come from NKY and Lexington too so it isn't just a regional thing either.

It bothers me more when I even mention the fact CovCath could have played with Trinity and the Trinity fans laugh... I don't like that kind of arrogance.

It bothers me more when I even mention the fact CovCath could have played with Trinity and the Trinity fans laugh... I don't like that kind of arrogance.

Where did that come out in what I said? I was simply posting the information at hand. I was referencing your comment:

I know this board is full of Trinity homers and of course they won't say Trinity is anything less than #1...

I never said that had CovCath and Trinity played it wouldn't have been a good game. I have no doubt, out of all the teams that lined up during the 4 title games last season that CovCath matches up with the Rocks better than any other team. I just don't see them beating the Rocks.

Where did that come out in what I said? I was simply posting the information at hand. I was referencing your comment:

I never said that had CovCath and Trinity played it wouldn't have been a good game. I have no doubt, out of all the teams that lined up during the 4 title games last season that CovCath matches up with the Rocks better than any other team. I just don't see them beating the Rocks.

I apologize Pep, I am not targeting you... you are part of the partial Rock fans on here.

I admire CovCath for playing those tough games like Elder, CinStX, Bsp Watterson etc all teams the LOST to. While they beat many they didn't blow out the better teams in their own class, Highlands gave them all they wanted and it was a GAME with LexCath in the playoffs

Beating Highlands at Highlands, then beating Highlands again at CovCath (playoffs), then beating LexCath at LexCath (playoffs) is the ULTIMATE Gaunlet in 3A football over the last 3-5 years. It DOES not get harder then that. CCH passed all 3 test, and of course won the state game.

And I would have to stay CCH played a slighttllyyyy better schedule than Trinity last year. But if they did it was only about a 51/49 push there.

While Trinity was excellent and earned the Championship, "could have been worse" is simply not true. By the way, it was 41-7, do not know how you got 6. T could not score on their 1st 3 possessions, and their 1st score was with a short field after a turnover. They also had 1st and goal with their 1st team O at the one, could not get it in. Many of their scores were on or field position enhanced by broken plays, great individual plays by a scrambling Petrino. Ryles D stopped much of their standard O, but could not handle Petrino's great scrambling. They even ran a statue of Liberty early 4th qtr, and were throwing downfield often in the 4th. And their 1st team O was in at least until late 4th. Meanwhile, what most people do not know, Ryle lost an O lineman in the 1st qtr, had to shift another and bring in an inexperienced lineman. Basically they lost their rythm on the whole left side of the line. They were just not in the position to have the depth of Trinity, that is just the breaks for Ryle. But could have been worse is simply untrue, T tried their hardest for points, and that is OK, but not a case of could have been worse. Not trying to take anything away from Trinity, and congratulations to them. Just trying to things real.

And I vote for Trintiy clearly as the best on 2006. They beat the best in the biggest class week after week!

The above post has a lot of inconsistenies

I know this board is full of Trinity homers and of course they won't say Trinity is anything less than #1

That's actually not true. There are many of us who will admit our weaknesses, even last season. However, you must understand that since BGP has been around Trinity has been in six title games, winning 5 of them. no other team, or fan base can boast such accolades.