5A Rankings (BGP) Discussion

Guest Bluto

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I thought. I'd have a hard time placing them in the preseason Top 10 with that many losses to graduation, but they'll get their chance to prove they belong on the field.

Competing against the likes of Danville,Rockcastle,Mercer, Lincoln, Dunbar, Central Hardin, Boyle, and Clark Co., the Warriors will certainly have their hands full...:thumb:

That is correct swforever. The proof will be in the pudding for the young SWHS team...:thumb:

I hear ya there Kemo. We know how you feel up here in Mercer. As of right now, I think only 5 of Mercer's 22 starters will be Seniors.

That's what I thought. I'd have a hard time placing them in the preseason Top 10 with that many losses to graduation

Why? More years than not they are in the top 5 in their class and have to suffer heavy graduation losses the year prior.

I think people have to realize that a lot of the guys who will be starting for them this year would have started at most other schools last year. Last year they were stuck behind one of the most talented senior classes in CCH history.

I don't really care where they are ranked, my point is CCH will always field one of the better teams in their class.

Why? More years than not they are in the top 5 in their class and have to suffer heavy graduation losses the year prior.

I think people have to realize that a lot of the guys who will be starting for them this year would have started at most other schools last year. Last year they were stuck behind one of the most talented senior classes in CCH history.

I don't really care where they are ranked, my point is CCH will always field one of the better teams in their class.

You're right about that one, one would be foolish to argue that.

I like being under the radar. With the schedule CovCath has this year, a 5 -5 season would be an accomplishment. 5 - 5 probably will have them ranked at that 10th spot at season's end.

The only problem with your point is that he is talking about Southwestern and you are talking about CCH.

I was talking about Southwestern, not CCH.

Looks pretty good to me...............:thumb: :thumb: I think CovCath should be a little higher than 10th..

If they didn't graduate the majority of last years team, change HC's again, and install a totally new offense I'm sure they would have been in the top 3.

I would hope that everyone reading the rankings realize that this is merely a "pre-season" ranking and not indicative of what BGP and it's pollster's think the class will look like at years end. It is merely a starting point based on past performance, returning players and much much more.

I agree with Johnson Central being ranked 4th in class 5A. JC will have atleast 8 or 9 wins in the regular season, if not another 10-0 season.

With South Point OH, Conner, Bryan Station, Wheelersburg OH, Woodford County, Paintsville, Central, Montgomery County, Ashland and Belfry on the regular season schedule. The only games that worry me are Conner and Central. Ashland and Belfry arent homecoming teams either.