Craig Biggio, 1st ballot?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have kind of changed my stance with Biggio....

This is my problem with HOF voting and baseball. Too many numbers thrown at me. Give me the feel test for Biggio and other stat compiliers.

1st Ballot should be reserved for the elite of the elite of the elite. If Craig Biggio is 1st ballot, then standards are getting too low for the HOF, imo.

How did he revolutionize it?

He was the first 2B that I know of that had any type of power. He's hit 20+ HR's 8 times. Now you have guys like Phillips, Utley, Kent, playing there that are 20-30 HR guys. Before Biggio, was that ever around? I can't remember anyone before Biggio that had that kind of power at 2B

He was the first 2B that I know of that had any type of power. He's hit 20+ HR's 8 times. Now you have guys like Phillips, Utley, Kent, playing there that are 20-30 HR guys. Before Biggio, was that ever around? I can't remember anyone before Biggio that had that kind of power at 2B

Joe Morgan?

Ryne Sandberg?

Bobby Grich?

Umm, your youth is showing. :p

I still think Biggio is in on the first ballot and should be. Character, in conjunction with great stats and longevity, should stand for something. He is what baseball is all about and I think he'll be rewarded for it.