Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central High School's New Field pictures

Featured Replies

The field looks great.

 

Side note: how can you post pictures that big? I have been trying to post pictures on BGP and can not get big pictures to be allowed, without them being destorted.

  • Replies 116
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, the field looks great and I am happy the people of JC have something like this to be proud of.

 

Secondly, the intial costs of a field like this is high, but over a period of about 7 years the costs are made up because maintenence is greatly reduced. Financially, a school board could take a loan over a 10 year period to pay the initial costs, and still come out better than you would have a natural grass field.

 

But I'm sure local businesses donated all they could to make this happen in Johnson County.

Your field is looking very nice. Thanks for the photos so we can have a sneak peak.

The field looks really good, much better than I had speculated that it would. I did wonder how it would be set up, considering you had a confined area to work with. I was hoping though, that visitor's seating would be on the opposing side, but I'm sure when you build the new fan seating it will be able to contain both sides comfortably.

 

Your field looks wonderful, Eagles, I applaud all your hard work!

There will be visitors seating on the opposite side of the field. They have just not been put up yet. There will also be brand new seating for the home team side next season. There was concern that it could not be completed in time for this season's games, so the old seating will be demolished after this season's conclusion, and the new ones constructed for the 2008 season.

One of my all-time favorite places to watch HS football; the improvements should only make it better.

That's a great looking field!

  • Author
Your field is looking very nice. Thanks for the photos so we can have a sneak peak.

:cry: It brings a tear to my eye when graybeard says I took good photos.

  • Author

I personally would like to see a new score board put up. Something like Letcher County Central has with the video screen.

Looks really good!

I personally would like to see a new score board put up. Something like Letcher County Central has with the video screen.

 

It is already in the works my man.:ylsuper:

  • Author
It is already in the works my man.:ylsuper:

:dancingpa Cant wait to see it! :dancingpa

Great field, high school football has come a long way in KY and is still getting better every year.

There will be visitors seating on the opposite side of the field. They have just not been put up yet. There will also be brand new seating for the home team side next season. There was concern that it could not be completed in time for this season's games, so the old seating will be demolished after this season's conclusion, and the new ones constructed for the 2008 season.

 

So are those home-side bleachers as far away from the field as the picture shows? Will the new bleachers be closer?

 

Otherwise, absolutely terrific looking field!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.