With Narron Fired What's Next?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Angels have been the biggest pursuers of Dunn, allegedly. And why on Earth would the Royals take Dunn "right now?"

Shea Hillenbrand could be a possibility. But the Yanks are showing a lot of interest in him. With the Reds and the Royals, nothing is impossible.

I see Conine, Hatteburg, Weathers all traded for PTBNL or cash. Stanton DFA or traded. Matt Belise although he is basically the #2 starter right now, I don't see him in the long term plans, he's been in the organization for years and is just now producing some. IF you can get a little something for him go for it. I say chances are slim that Dunn or Griffey get moved during the season because they will not get equal value in return. (Wasn't there a proposed Dunn for Brad Penny trade last offseason?) Also the infield core of E-5, Gonzalez, and Phillips should not be moved. Only exception is if E can bring a starter. Milton's gone for the year and will not be traded, but his $10 million will be off the books soon.

If your going to make a big impact in free agency in the offseason obviously you inquire about Mark Burhle but matching any offer he gets from another team will be too high. Groundball pitcher Joe Kennedy would be a good fit in GABP. Oh yeah the bullpen, can we please get some veteran relievers. And I mean late 20's to early 30's relievers not 40 year old journeymen.

Aaron Rowland would look nice in the Reds outfield as well.