With Narron Fired What's Next?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the firing of Bucky Dent followed by the resignation of Napoleon were the next moves. Pat Kelly appointed bench coach.
Is he next in line, to assume the Manager role.

I see a franchise, that will struggle for years to follow, perhaps 4-5 years more, of a losing record. I'm basing this off the Minor League talent, lack current roster talent, trade value players, pitching woes, no direction and financial constraints being in the market size.

The Big Red Machine, have jumped the tracks.....sad.

No. You know better than that. Someone had to fill the spot, and it clearly wasn't Dent.

I see a franchise, that will struggle for years to follow, perhaps 4-5 years more, of a losing record. I'm basing this off the Minor League talent, lack current roster talent, trade value players, pitching woes, no direction and financial constraints being in the market size.

Nice to see you have bought in to the gloom and doom side of things. The minors have more talent than ever before in this franchise. No other way to look at it. The talent at the big league level produced a team that was only 2 games under .500 last year, and in the playoff race on the final weekend. It's not nearly the mess you make it out to be. But it sure is easy to pile on when things go wrong...

Castellini needs to know that you can't treat fans like you can produce companies. This lowball/High value approach that he uses for produce, where everyone competes to sell their best quality product at the lowest price, will not work in Major League sports. If he doesn't want to spend the money to create a solid organization for the future, or to pay for free agents every couple of years, fans will leave. Nobody wants to follow a team on an aimless meandering course. State your goals, pay the necessary price, and organize your components. Quite frankly status quo sucks.

No. You know better than that. Someone had to fill the spot, and it clearly wasn't Dent.

Nice to see you have bought in to the gloom and doom side of things. The minors have more talent than ever before in this franchise. No other way to look at it. The talent at the big league level produced a team that was only 2 games under .500 last year, and in the playoff race on the final weekend. It's not nearly the mess you make it out to be. But it sure is easy to pile on when things go wrong...

Please don't patronize me, as I've made these statements about the Reds, well over the last two years. They are a below average talent team and if you believe, the Minors have the talent to help a MLB team win, than your choice. The Reds have brought up many, over the last 1.5 years, not much help in my opinion, from a Pitching or Position standpoint.

My question regarding Kelly, was would be consider taking the position....in the future. I also believe you don't retain the key coaching positions, when changes like these are made. They are part of the current record and new staffs, are needed.

Castellini needs to know that you can't treat fans like you can produce companies. This lowball/High value approach that he uses for produce, where everyone competes to sell their best quality product at the lowest price, will not work in Major League sports. If he doesn't want to spend the money to create a solid organization for the future, or to pay for free agents every couple of years, fans will leave. Nobody wants to follow a team on an aimless meandering course. State your goals, pay the necessary price, and organize your components. Quite frankly status quo sucks.
....:thumb: It certainly isn't working or entertaining but it is frustrating, to fans like the Cincinnati area has.

Please don't patronize me, as I've made these statements about the Reds, well over the last two years.

Wrong. Last year you mentioned starting pitching 345,749 times. They spent money to lock up Arroyo and Harang. They brought up Bailey to go through his growing pains. Belisle and Lohse are your typical 4th and 5th starters. Above average stuff, but inconsistent. If fixing the pen was easy, you wouldn't see so many bad one across the game. That's where the failure this season falls. No more, no less...

:thumb: :thumb:

This team is far, far, far from contention. I know there are plenty of people that love the guy, but as long as Krivsky is the GM this team won't win IMO.

Again you chastise someone for their (may I say increasingly popular) view of the state of the Reds franchise. Things have been going wrong with the Reds for quite sometime. New management was brought in to right the ship and by their own admission they are failing. The clubhouse is now on a brink of imploding. The Reds have sunk to a very low depth, and are in danger of being there for an extended period. You finely saw the light on the Narron issue, I guess we'll have to wait on you to see the entire picture.

This team is far, far, far from contention. I know there are plenty of people that love the guy, but as long as Krivsky is the GM this team won't win IMO.

Let's take a look.

Starting pitching. Better.

Catcher. Same production, less cash.

1st. Same production, less cash.

2nd. Clearly better.

3rd. Clearly better. Brandon Larson anyone?

SS. Upgrade in talent, but having an off season.

LF. Same guy.

CF. Better.

RF. Junior or Kearns? Easy answer.

Bullpen. Bad when Krivsky got here, and still bad now.

Bench. Bad when Krivsky got here, and still bad now

Minors. Leaps and bounds better than the Bowden era. Some of it was Dan O and some of it is Wayne.

There were some questionable moves at the end of last season, but think about WHY it happened. They were in contention and had one weak link. Wayne went out and did all he could to patch up the pen, but it wasn't enough. It would be fun to watch blowing the whole thing up again after giving Krivsky 16 months on the job. I'll be a Reds fan either way. Why not add another 5 years of misery...