Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should the Reds trade Dunn for Lidge?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 366
  • Views 37k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes if we have had other solid pieces in that pen. How many times this year has he blown the game for us?? Not many.

 

OK. Then you and I really have nothing to discuss since I'm NOT comfortable with him as the closer. Setup man? Absolutely. Close out tight games? Not on my team.

Would you take 17 saves in 19 opportunites?

If I thought this team was good enough to provide 19 chances with a bunch of 2+ run leads...

Dunn is worth at least a top closer. Weathers is terrible, but if the Reds trade Dunn for a closer it will have to fix the problem completely and Brad Lidge would still have question marks.

 

I disagree. Are you saying that you would not take 32 out of 38 ?

OK. Then you and I really have nothing to discuss since I'm NOT comfortable with him as the closer. Setup man? Absolutely. Close out tight games? Not on my team.

How many has he blown?

I disagree. Are you saying that you would not take 32 out of 38 ?

 

 

40 HR's, 90 Runs, and 90 RBI's are going to win you some games. Lidge is apparently going to lose us 6. Would I take that???? Probably. I'd take 30-38 with Weathers and keep Dunn around for the other 8 innings of the game. I'd put Homer Bailey in the closer role before I'd trade Dunn for a closer.

I disagree. Are you saying that you would not take 32 out of 38 ?

You keep throwing that number out there but who says he can still do that. Thats the whole point. Ever since the end of last year he has been a train reck in the closing role.

If I thought this team was good enough to provide 19 chances with a bunch of 3 run leads...

 

Lidge in 2006 in save opportunities:

 

28 appearances with ZERO earned runs.

6 appearances with 1 earned run allowed.

3 appearances with 2 earned runs allowed.

1 with 4

 

 

You can't live with that?

How many has he blown?

 

 

2 and he's saved 11.

1. Runs matter in baseball.

2. It made him lose confidence. Mitch Williams anyone?

3. An in-division trade with a big bat for a set-up mans wreaks of terribleness.

4. I can't even imagine anyone agreeing with you on this.

 

I've been around... ;)

 

My "blanket statement" stated my opinion. I honestly think I don't need to explain myself when talking about Dunn for Lidge I just expect you to know the answer. If a GM offered Lidge for Dunn it would be accepted ASAP by the team getting Dunn.

 

Lidge is pitching better this year anyways.

 

But I agree with cshs.

1. Runs don't matter, as long as you win the game.

2. Pujols is a HOF, Weathers gave up a walk-off to him also last year.

3. Like I said, a change of scenery. He lost his job there, but that does not mean he would not be the closer here.

How many has he blown?

 

He's 11 for 13.

 

Strong stats.

I disagree. Are you saying that you would not take 32 out of 38 ?

 

 

I'm w/ you on this. I keep hearing about Dunn getting ready to reach his prime, but I see no evidence to support it. They are at least two years away from competing. What kind of salary will Dunn command then? On Lance's sight a couple of weeks ago a guy from baseball america? said Jay Bruce will be a better player than Josh Hamilton. If that's the case there's 67% of your outfield in 2 years. I'm guessing it will be easier to find a third outfielder than a good closer.

The Reds have a couple guys IMO that are better hitters than Dunn...

 

He can hit it to the moon, but not much else. I'd take Phillips, Hamilton, and Griffey over Dunn.

Turnbow for Philips anyone?

 

Heck NO!!!

He's 11 for 13.

 

Strong stats.

Ratio is 5.5 for Weather and 6.3 for Lidge. Strong argument to trade our best hitter for slighty better than David Weathers.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.