Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should the Reds trade Dunn for Lidge?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 366
  • Views 37k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if you had to pick between him and Wheeler who would you take cshs?

 

HammerTime - I can't make it any clearer. Wheeler is the guy right now for the Stros. What does that have to do with the Reds having Lidge as their closer?

 

By your logic, you would not have taken Norm Charlton as your closer because he wasn't closing when Myers and Dibble were.

Cordero

Valverde

Hoffman

Wagner

Torres

Saito

Fuentes

Isringhausen

1. I didn't ignore the ERA because I've already addressed it as a meaningless stat (and said why its meaningless).

 

2. He gave up a HR to a future HOFer. Cut him immediately!!

 

3. He lost his job. In no way does that preclude him from being the closer HERE, does it?

 

4. I'm outnumbered. Dude, I'm guessing you're new. Being in the minority is not exactly new to me on this board when it comes to expressing opinions.

 

As I said, you can't necessarily be wrong in your opinion that you've expressed. The beauty of the board, though, is when you put some thought behind it and express it (even somewhat) elegantly. Blanket statements don't cut it and lead to nothing fun.

 

Back up your opinions with some supporting material so we can all debate it.

 

 

1. Runs matter in baseball.

2. It made him lose confidence. Mitch Williams anyone?

3. An in-division trade with a big bat for a set-up mans wreaks of terribleness.

4. I can't even imagine anyone agreeing with you on this.

 

I've been around... ;)

 

My "blanket statement" stated my opinion. I honestly think I don't need to explain myself when talking about Dunn for Lidge I just expect you to know the answer. If a GM offered Lidge for Dunn it would be accepted ASAP by the team getting Dunn.

I joined BGP this January, so I missed all the Reds talk last year. I'm guessing these same conversations went on last year as well? :lol:

 

If I remember correctly, Dunner was mentioned once or twice.

HammerTime - I can't make it any clearer. Wheeler is the guy right now for the Stros. What does that have to do with the Reds having Lidge as their closer?

 

By your logic, you would not have taken Norm Charlton as your closer because he wasn't closing when Myers and Dibble were.

You know thats not the point I am trying to make. He would be closing for them if he was that good because Wheeler isn't a great closer. I still think Lidge has good stuff and just really needs out of Houston but the jury is still out about that and until I see other wise I am not trading our best hitter for him.

I've been around... ;)

 

.

 

I see we have a re-tread amongst us. Welcome back whomever you were.

Cordero

Valverde

Hoffman

Wagner

Torres

Saito

Fuentes

Isringhausen

 

Reyes

Wickman

WHEELER

Nope....

 

 

I would hope not.

You know thats not the point I am trying to make. He would be closing for them if he was that good because Wheeler isn't a great closer. I still think Lidge has good stuff and just really needs out of Houston but the jury is still out about that and until I see other wise I am not trading our best hitter for him.

 

OK. So you're hung up on trading our supposed best hitter (I'll go best run producer in most years but never best hitter) for a proven closer.

 

So lets take a step back.

 

Do we agree that the numer one need for the Reds today and tomorrow is the bullpen? Or are you comfortable with Weathers as the closer? For the record, I'm not. If you are , then we really have nothing left to discuss.

 

Yes or no on Weathers?

Weathers has been far and away the best pitcher in the pen...

OK. So you're hung up on trading our supposed best hitter (I'll go best run producer in most years but never best hitter) for a proven closer.

 

So lets take a step back.

 

Do we agree that the numer one need for the Reds today and tomorrow is the bullpen? Or are you comfortable with Weathers as the closer? For the record, I'm not. If you are , then we really have nothing left to discuss.

 

Yes or no on Weathers?

 

 

Dunn is worth at least a top closer. Weathers is terrible, but if the Reds trade Dunn for a closer it will have to fix the problem completely and Brad Lidge would still have question marks.

OK. So you're hung up on trading our supposed best hitter (I'll go best run producer in most years but never best hitter) for a proven closer.

 

So lets take a step back.

 

Do we agree that the numer one need for the Reds today and tomorrow is the bullpen? Or are you comfortable with Weathers as the closer? For the record, I'm not. If you are , then we really have nothing left to discuss.

 

Yes or no on Weathers?

Yes if we have had other solid pieces in that pen. How many times this year has he blown the game for us?? Not many. Most the time the damage has already been done before he came in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.