Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should the Reds trade Dunn for Lidge?

Featured Replies

Do they award style points now for saves ? Do the Reds get extra points like in hockey for a save with no runs?

 

 

Ignoring facts..............

  • Replies 366
  • Views 37k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An article in Sports Illustrated last year was estimating about 20 years from now what the home run list would look like and Adam Dunn was in the top 5 with nearly 700 homers.

 

 

And his strikeouts will add up to over 1000.

:confused: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek:

 

Yeah rignt.

Who is better?

And his strikeouts will add up to over 1000.

 

 

He's 30 and has 509 and has had arm and velocity issues for over a year. I'd take the under.

He's 30 and has 509 and has had arm and velocity issues for over a year. I'd take the under.

I think he is talking about Dunn. :lol:

Norris Hopper has been tearing it up recently. :p

Better than his answer so far....... Because he doesn't have one. :banana: :banana: :banana:

You ignored the ERA and the Pujols HR and the fact that he lost his job yet I'm the one reaching......... I'm not the only one who disagrees, in fact you are far outnumbered.

 

1. I didn't ignore the ERA because I've already addressed it as a meaningless stat (and said why its meaningless).

 

2. He gave up a HR to a future HOFer. Cut him immediately!!

 

3. He lost his job. In no way does that preclude him from being the closer HERE, does it?

 

4. I'm outnumbered. Dude, I'm guessing you're new. Being in the minority is not exactly new to me on this board when it comes to expressing opinions.

 

As I said, you can't necessarily be wrong in your opinion that you've expressed. The beauty of the board, though, is when you put some thought behind it and express it (even somewhat) elegantly. Blanket statements don't cut it and lead to nothing fun.

 

Back up your opinions with some supporting material so we can all debate it.

So if you had to pick between him and Wheeler who would you take cshs?

Why is he not closing now?

 

I guess they think they have a better closer.

 

I guess the better question is why haven't they cut him loose if he's only a setup man? Do you honestly believe a team hasn't made a run at him by trying to lowball the Stros? He's not coming cheaply.

 

No one has taken me up on the "who is better today" question. You guys must know of tons of closers that are better since giving up a quality hitter (who is an enigma) is something you would not even consider.

I joined BGP this January, so I missed all the Reds talk last year. I'm guessing these same conversations went on last year as well? :lol:

Who is better?

 

Hamilton, Phillips, Griffey, Hopper, none of these players have a strikeout-streak, some of them have hit streaks, not strikeout-streaks where Dunn strikes out in 30 straight games. Hamilton and Griffey both hit for power and average, Hopper hits for average, and Phillips hits for a little power, average, and speed. Conine is better with runners in scoring position. Hatteberg is a tough guy to strike out. Freel is an all right hitter. Gonzalez is hitting better of late, and so is Encarnacion. Dunn strikes out way too much.

I guess they think they have a better closer.

 

I guess the better question is why haven't they cut him loose if he's only a setup man? Do you honestly believe a team hasn't made a run at him by trying to lowball the Stros? He's not coming cheaply.

 

No one has taken me up on the "who is better today" question. You guys must know of tons of closers that are better since giving up a quality hitter (who is an enigma) is something you would not even consider.

AL or NL?

So if Lidge didn't lose his job for performance, what was it???

 

He lost it because the Astros a)lost confidence in him b)he probably lost some confidence and c)they think they've got a better solution with him as the setup.

 

Again, that does not preclude him from being the Reds closer, does it?

 

You know about the closers in the NL than I do since I can only name about 2 or 3. Tell me the closers today that you take over Lidge.

Hamilton, Phillips, Griffey, Hopper, none of these players have a strikeout-streak, some of them have hit streaks, not strikeout-streaks where Dunn strikes out in 30 straight games. Hamilton and Griffey both hit for power and average, Hopper hits for average, and Phillips hits for a little power, average, and speed. Conine is better with runners in scoring position. Hatteberg is a tough guy to strike out. Freel is an all right hitter. Gonzalez is hitting better of late, and so is Encarnacion. Dunn strikes out way too much.

Dude it's not even close but this is about Lidge not how good of a hitter Dunner is.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.