Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should the Reds trade Dunn for Lidge?

Featured Replies

Lidge hasn't proved he can still close out games cshs until otherwise he isn't even of that value IMO.

 

32/38 isn't closing out games?Would you take Billy Wagner or are you concerned that he had one less blown save than Lidge?

  • Replies 366
  • Views 37k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32/38 isn't closing out games?Would you take Billy Wagner or are you concerned that he had one less blown save than Lidge?

 

 

Lidge lost the job in Houston for not performing.

32/38 isn't closing out games?Would you take Billy Wagner or are you concerned that he had one less blown save than Lidge?

With a 5.28 ERA. I'm not saying he stinks, I'm just saying it not worth give up our best hitter for.

ANYWAY with Griffey likely gone after next year, the Reds will have to keep a power hitter in the lineup. So unless they get one in return from a team, I can't see them trading Dunn. Will be interesting to see how things play out as the trading deadline gets closer.

 

Part of me subscribes that that theory. However, the Reds aren't losing games because Dunn isn't producing power. They're losing because they cannot close out a game.

 

I love stats and I love the long ball but I really love watching my team win.

With a 5.28 ERA.

 

ERA is completely irrelevant for a closer. We pay them to close out games. Period.

 

Secondly, I'm sure you understand math and that the small number of innings pitched by a closer causes a great fluctuation in ERA one way or the other on a per game basis - unlike starting pitchers.

 

ERA is a meaningless - completely meaningless - stat for closers.

With a 5.28 ERA. I'm not saying he stinks, I'm just saying it not worth give up our best hitter for.

 

Our best hitter? I think even HSSRB spit his coffee out on this one.

ERA is completely irrelevant for a closer. We pay them to close out games. Period.

 

Secondly, I'm sure you understand math and that the small number of innings pitched by a closer causes a great fluctuation in ERA one way or the other on a per game basis - unlike starting pitchers.

 

ERA is a meaningless - completely meaningless - stat for closers.

Why is he not closing now?

Part of me subscribes that that theory. However, the Reds aren't losing games because Dunn isn't producing power. They're losing because they cannot close out a game.

 

I love stats and I love the long ball but I really love watching my team win.

 

The White Sox proved that by getting rid of all their bigger hitters and going on fundamentals and strong pitching to have that great season. The Reds do need a closer, I would just hope maybe they can find one without giving up E-5, Phillips or Dunn. My dislike for Dunn hasn't diminished, but it would be nice to at least replace him for someone with power.

Our best hitter? I think even HSSRB spit his coffee out on this one.

Who is our best hitter. I don't mean for average. I am talking Power, Runs, RBI's and getting on base and he is that.

ERA is completely irrelevant for a closer. We pay them to close out games. Period.

 

Secondly, I'm sure you understand math and that the small number of innings pitched by a closer causes a great fluctuation in ERA one way or the other on a per game basis - unlike starting pitchers.

 

ERA is a meaningless - completely meaningless - stat for closers.

 

 

Not really. Not completly. If he gives up runs then he's not pitching well. It leads to blown saves and 1 Pujols homerun ruined his entire last season. He's not mentally tough. He's older than Dunn and less valuable.

Lidge lost the job in Houston for not performing.

 

That's all you got? You're not big on making arguments with supporting evidence, are you?

 

Here's how it works best. I give an opinion and then try to back it up with supporting stats. You then counter that with a counteropinion and then back up your point with supporting evidence. We can then have a somewhat intelligent discussion.

 

Blanket statements make for a short boring thread.

So if Lidge didn't lose his job for performance, what was it???

Not really. Not completly. If he gives up runs then he's not pitching well. It leads to blown saves and .

 

Do they award style points now for saves ? Do the Reds get extra points like in hockey for a save with no runs?

our best hitter for.

 

 

:confused: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek:

 

Yeah rignt.

That's all you got? You're not big on making arguments with supporting evidence, are you?

 

Here's how it works best. I give an opinion and then try to back it up with supporting stats. You then counter that with a counteropinion and then back up your point with supporting evidence. We can then have a somewhat intelligent discussion.

 

Blanket statements make for a short boring thread.

 

 

You ignored the ERA and the Pujols HR and the fact that he lost his job yet I'm the one reaching......... I'm not the only one who disagrees, in fact you are far outnumbered.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.