Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fans Contacting Recruits

Featured Replies

Doesn't surprise me at all...

  • Replies 141
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone who posts messages on a recruits myspace or facebook trying to get them to come to their school is a loser if you ask me.

 

 

I agree, I really don't understand why the recruits would want to add them anyway. You have to add someone before they can leave you a message. I will say it's pretty embarrassing as a fan of UK basketball to read this in the paper not once but twice and know that some fans are defending it makes it that much worse. Some people need to get a life.

I agree, I really don't understand why the recruits would want to add them anyway. You have to add someone before they can leave you a message. I will say it's pretty embarrassing as a fan of UK basketball to read this in the paper not once but twice and know that some fans are defending it makes it that much worse. Some people need to get a life.

 

Exactly. Its a recruits own fault if he doesnt like getting flooded with messages. Like you said they have to accept them as a friend for someone to be able to message them first. If you dont know the person then dont accept them, plain an simple.

You have to add them before they can comment you... They can message you all they want.

 

It's definitely not a good thing to have going on, but as has already been said you can't police the fans. You could probably strip the school of 5 scholarships and ban postseason play for 10 years and some morons would still message a top center telling him how great his life would be at UK... "Once they finally let us play in March again, YOU COULD LEAD US TO PROMINENCE!"

 

It feels good to not be stupid.

Exactly. Its a recruits own fault if he doesnt like getting flooded with messages. Like you said they have to accept them as a friend for someone to be able to message them first. If you dont know the person then dont accept them, plain an simple.

 

I'm not blaming just the recruit, I mean the fans should have enough sense and enough respect for their school not to do something like that. I just think both parties need to be responsible.

Exactly. Its a recruits own fault if he doesnt like getting flooded with messages. Like you said they have to accept them as a friend for someone to be able to message them first. If you dont know the person then dont accept them, plain an simple.

 

 

On myspace you can send and receive private messages from people who aren't on your friends list.

I think you've also got to put the onus on the players to not add anyone to their friends list that they don't know.

Let's just take the cell phones, TV's, and computers away from all D1 recruits and see how recruiting shakes out...

 

Lots of handwritten letters I would say...It all seems a little ridiculous...I don't think any athlete is going to pay attention to what a fan says in determining their college choice! THERE IS NO WAY TO STOP OR POLICE IT!

 

These guys do hate the limelight, just ask Jai and Patrick! :scared:

I think you've also got to put the onus on the players to not add anyone to their friends list that they don't know.

 

Once again, you don't have to be someones friend to message them...

It's absurd someone cares/is bored/has no life enough to go track these guys down and send them messages. I just can't imagine wasting that much time. But how do you stop it? Like labs said, I could go post and message all day long pretending to be some other college. How do you authenticate who is a legitimate fan and who is a poser trying to stir up trouble? Are there any rules against fans contacting future players offline? I guess that would be a good start.

I really don't see too much wrong...

Houston prep star DeAndre Jordan was so turned off by 'recruiting' pitches made by UK fans via the Internet, a friend said it was one of the reasons he crossed the Cats off his list.

So my question is, if it's not UK fans sending the messages, who is it?

Show me where this has been an issue on the magnitude of Patterson and now Hamga in the NCAA hoops world...

It has only been an issue with UK because their anal compliance office felt the need to respond. Find a hot commodity out west in hoops...

Go find a top notch Florida recruit in football and you will see their sites litterd with messages from fans.

Houston prep star DeAndre Jordan was so turned off by 'recruiting' pitches made by UK fans via the Internet, a friend said it was one of the reasons he crossed the Cats off his list.

But then would have come to UK if BCG would have asked him to.

Non-issue.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.