Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fans Contacting Recruits

Featured Replies

I don't think anyone is arguing that messaging recruits is a good idea. It obviously hurts the university. I just don't see how you stop it.

  • Replies 141
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup....Me, RP, 02, GT, Boondock and 98 all sat down at dinner one night and said, "How can we make UK fans look silly this time?" We figured we could think of something, since that whole Tubby thing went so well...:cool:

 

Which on came up with the "rock star" idea, that was genius and very popular among the public.:ylsuper:

Maybe they should take away official campus visits next. Fans might see them around campus and scream "come here pleaseee!!!!" Or dress up the recruits in disguise.

  • Author
Maybe they should take away official campus visits next. Fans might see them around campus and scream "come here pleaseee!!!!" Or dress up the recruits in disguise.

Spin class in session...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the first time this was made public on Patterson it was something about girls offering something if he signed to play basketball with UK?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the first time this was made public on Patterson it was something about girls offering something if he signed to play basketball with UK?

 

I think I need to become a Colorado recruit...I'm in the wrong business, apparently.

I don't think anyone is arguing that messaging recruits is a good idea. It obviously hurts the university. I just don't see how you stop it.

 

That's the thing, the NCAA (or UK, UofL, FSU, EKU, USC, etc...) can't stop it. You can't penalize a school for something they have absolutely no control over.

 

Facebook used to be for only college students, it is not anymore and myspace is even more of an open market for finding people. If a recruit creates an account, it is thier choice on who to be "friends" with, and unfortunately some wacko fans are gonna harrass them....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the first time this was made public on Patterson it was something about girls offering something if he signed to play basketball with UK?

 

No thats a Colorado I believe

1) These people are pathetic.....Who has such a pathetic life that they have to bug HS kids all day on a website?

 

2) No way it can be regulated, so I don't really understand why people are talking about it.

 

3) No matter how pathetic it is, these fans have as UKPat said, the freedom of speech to say whatever they wish to whomever they want. Those of you saying they don't are just wrong.

  • Author

3) No matter how pathetic it is, these fans have as UKPat said, the freedom of speech to say whatever they wish to whomever they want. Those of you saying they don't are just wrong.

If the NCAA wants to limit people from contacting recruits at any time they can. And they can do so with sanctions on the program. Would it take a lot to police this? Sure. But the truth is IP addresses are very easy to track. There is video surveillance far and wide at public computer labs. It's not nearly as hard as you think to find out who and where these messages came from.

 

It's a problem. Face it people. It's going to hurt recruiting if it continues. Keep defending it and I'll go on a crusade to make sure it continues... :lol:

If the NCAA wants to limit people from contacting recruits at any time they can. And they can do so with sanctions on the program. Would it take a lot to police this? Sure. But the truth is IP addresses are very easy to track. There is video surveillance far and wide at public computer labs. It's not nearly as hard as you think to find out who and where these messages came from.

 

It's a problem. Face it people. It's going to hurt recruiting if it continues. Keep defending it and I'll go on a crusade to make sure it continues... :lol:

 

If the NCAA can regulate it, sure, but that still has nothing to do with Freedom of Speech.

If the NCAA wants to limit people from contacting recruits at any time they can. And they can do so with sanctions on the program. Would it take a lot to police this? Sure. But the truth is IP addresses are very easy to track. There is video surveillance far and wide at public computer labs. It's not nearly as hard as you think to find out who and where these messages came from.

 

It's a problem. Face it people. It's going to hurt recruiting if it continues. Keep defending it and I'll go on a crusade to make sure it continues... :lol:

 

  • I'm absolutely not defending it; it's sophomoric.
  • An IP address will give you a location, but won't tell you if the person on that end is a die hard UK fan or not.
  • And once the NCAA starts punishing schools, all of these moronic UK fans that send messages now are going to adopt new MySpace accounts and start messaging UofL recruits. It's bound to happen.

  • Author
If the NCAA can regulate it, sure, but that still has nothing to do with Freedom of Speech.

This isn't about Freedom of Speech. It's about illegal contact with future recruits. The NCAA controls those rules and regulations. I don't know how much more clear I can be...

  • I'm absolutely not defending it; it's sophomoric.
  • An IP address will give you a location, but won't tell you if the person on that end is a die hard UK fan or not.
  • And once the NCAA starts punishing schools, all of these moronic UK fans that send messages now are going to adopt new MySpace accounts and start messaging UofL recruits. It's bound to happen.

 

 

:thumb:

 

There is no way they can tell what school a person is or is not a fan of.....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.