May 14, 200719 yr When it comes to NCAA rules about recruits, speech is very limited... But that doesn't have anything to do with the Freedom of Speech. The NCAA can regulate whatever they want to, but how do they regulate anonymous fans?
May 14, 200719 yr When it comes to NCAA rules about recruits, speech is very limited... Legally, what could they do to me or the University of Kentucky if I sent Hamga a message right now?
May 14, 200719 yr So people are not allowed to treate student athletes or pro athletes like normal people? He is a kid with a myspace. If he doesn't want all the messages he can set it to private, or get rid of his account. I'm so sure a few fans who are trying to encourage a kid to come to a skill are gonna be the difference in the biggest decision of his life. Give me a break.
May 14, 200719 yr So people are not allowed to treate student athletes or pro athletes like normal people? He is a kid with a myspace. If he doesn't want all the messages he can set it to private, or get rid of his account. I'm so sure a few fans who are trying to encourage a kid to come to a skill are gonna be the difference in the biggest decision of his life. Give me a break. Houston prep star DeAndre Jordan was so turned off by 'recruiting' pitches made by UK fans via the Internet, a friend said it was one of the reasons he crossed the Cats off his list.
May 14, 200719 yr Houston prep star DeAndre Jordan was so turned off by 'recruiting' pitches made by UK fans via the Internet, a friend said it was one of the reasons he crossed the Cats off his list. And the truth shall set you free;)
May 14, 200719 yr Houston prep star DeAndre Jordan was so turned off by 'recruiting' pitches made by UK fans via the Internet, a friend said it was one of the reasons he crossed the Cats off his list. Man, maybe I should just post the same message on a bunch of threads to up my post count... I agree that contacting recruits hurts way more than it helps, but I still support a person's right to freedom of speech.
May 14, 200719 yr Houston prep star DeAndre Jordan was so turned off by 'recruiting' pitches made by UK fans via the Internet, a friend said it was one of the reasons he crossed the Cats off his list. Who is to say they were real UK fans. Any kid who makes a decision off a board, I don't want at my school. He should be thinking about whats best for him.
May 14, 200719 yr Man, maybe I should just post the same message on a bunch of threads to up my post count... Sometimes it takes saying the same thing over and over to make people on this site understand....
May 14, 200719 yr Give me a break. It was an issue this time because an AAU coach mentioned it. And you were first in line to question his motives. You are doing all you can to deflect this away from what it is... Sandy Bell is flat anal regarding compliance. For years she has resisted UK from holding camps at UK, for elite prospects. They responded to it and as ar as I know the only one to have responded to it. It can't be regulated...it is an issue because UK has chosen to make an issue of it. Most major programs I would imagine have fans infiltrating recruits myspace accounts and telling them they would look good at so and so school. As for the AAU coach, Hamga was very interested in UK before this even was an issue. The guy may just be looking out for the kid because he has only been in this country for so long. It is nonsense and people need to get lives that are posting things on these people's boards.
May 14, 200719 yr Man, maybe I should just post the same message on a bunch of threads to up my post count... I agree that contacting recruits hurts way more than it helps, but I still support a person's right to freedom of speech. It's something that needs to been seen.
May 14, 200719 yr You're right guys....It was me who sent all the messages to Hagma....:lol: Figures :sssh: But it's idiotic to say Jordan didn't come to UK because of a message board. Just a smoke screen he wasn't leaving TX. Jasper has a lot of contact with people on myspace doesn't he?
May 14, 200719 yr Author I'll give a brief recap. At this point there isn't much the NCAA can do to prevent it. That doesn't make it less pathetic. Spamming recruits hurts. It will never help. None of us like internet spam. Right now Florida, or any other school for that matter, does not have fans in large numbers doing this to hurt UK. The only way this allows me to point out the bad parts of UK's fan base is if it continues. A quick shake of the always trusty Magic 8 Ball says it will. IM a buddy. Link a friend. Keep it up. I'll be looking forward to it...
May 14, 200719 yr Figures :sssh: Yup....Me, RP, 02, GT, Boondock and 98 all sat down at dinner one night and said, "How can we make UK fans look silly this time?" We figured we could think of something, since that whole Tubby thing went so well...
May 14, 200719 yr Author It is nonsense and people need to get lives that are posting things on these people's boards. See...18%...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.