Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fans Contacting Recruits

Featured Replies

Any search of my IP would show first and foremost I am a UC fan. Simple as that...

Or a fan of some other sites. :fire: :walk: :walk: :walk: :walk: :walk:

  • Replies 141
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the NCAA starts punishing universities for their fans, rest assured I will go to the Boone County Library and have Ohio State's program sanctioned into the stone age. :cool:

Any search of my IP would show first and foremost I am a UC fan. Simple as that...

 

Now we're talking about tracking IP addresses to find out allegiances? Sounds like the NCAA would have to throw a whole lot of money at this problem. I'm not sure they'd be willing to do it. Plus this is starting to sound a whole lot like fascism.

It'll never get that far though... Even if they did IP searches, I'd be 99% sure they'd realize it wasn't boosters leaving the messages... Just loser fans with nothing better to do with their lives... And like I've already stated, punishing the program wouldn't stop it.

So how would the NCAA police this Hamga situation when his "brother" (son of the family he lives with) is on the same page changing things and startign groups in which Beas is a part of saying UK Class of 2011.

Would they charge his "brother" as an illegal contact, just because his "brother" goes to school at UK?

  • Author
Now we're talking about tracking IP addresses to find out allegiances? Sounds like the NCAA would have to throw a whole lot of money at this problem. I'm not sure they'd be willing to do it. Plus this is starting to sound a whole lot like fascism.

This isn't government. It's recruiting to a volunteer organization. The NCAA makes the rules, and they can do what they want to enforce them. If a person is stupid enough to go this far, maybe they need investigated... :p

This isn't government. It's recruiting to a volunteer organization. The NCAA makes the rules, and they can do what they want to enforce them. If a person is stupid enough to go this far, maybe they need investigated... :p

 

I understand that. The NCAA makes rules that recruits, coaches, staffs and boosters must follow. But do those rules apply to Joe Schmo, too?

  • Author
I understand that. The NCAA makes rules that recruits, coaches, staffs and boosters must follow. But do those rules apply to Joe Schmo, too?

Not yet...

Not yet...

 

I don't think it ever will. It can't. Too many gray areas.

Not yet...

 

And they never will. A school can not be held responsible for something an individual does on his own in his free time.

 

I don't understand what you're trying to get across with these posts. I think most realize how pathetic it is that some of these so called fans feel like they are helping out by sending potential recruits messages. At the same time, no one can really do anything to stop these people from doing these types of things.

  • Author
And they never will. A school can not be held responsible for something an individual does on his own in his free time.

A school is held responsible when a single booster influences a player on his own free time...

A school is held responsible when a single booster influences a player on his own free time...

 

I thought we were talking about Joe Schmo??

Show me where this has been an issue on the magnitude of Patterson and now Hamga in the NCAA hoops world...

 

Why don't you show us where the past examples are that you mentioned in another thread?

 

It's pathetic. And it's going to burn the program big time one of these days. See past history for examples...
  • Author
I thought we were talking about Joe Schmo??

It wasn't long ago the average booster was considered Joe Schmo. UK helped lead us out of that era. Here we go again. UK fans and boosters take a lot of pride in being the most "passionate". It's a double edge sword. Creating new rules with the NCAA is a direct result. Like I said. Keep it up. It makes for good debate...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.