Kenny Irons A Bengal

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irons is very durable and can play multiple positions IMO with his catching ability. I wouldn't mind seeing him used the way New Orleans uses Reggie Bush, lining him up in the back field but also in the slot.

Which is pretty much the way we always wanted to use Chris Perry, but just never have got to with his injuries...

I don't know much about Irons except that he is about 20lbs lighter than Rudi. Hopefully he has wigglier hips than Rudi does because they need a back that can manuever a little better. I wish Perry would get healthy because I love his hands but it doesnt look good.

So do I, seems like Auburn is a RB factory.

The Bengals have done pretty good in past drafts with Tiger players, Willie and Rudi have been great plus James Brooks was pretty solid even though they didn't actually draft JB. I like the speed of Irons, saw a clip of him against LSU and he is ultra explosive, should mesh well opposite of Rudi's grinding style.

Everyone seems to think that Perry is the odd man out. I have no idea what his condition is right now and we all know he's had the "KiJana" syndrome. But if he comes back in time for camp and looks good in camp, don't you think it could lead to Watson being the odd man out. Thoughts?

Watson is too good on Kickoff and Punt coverage teams.

If Perry is healthy, Irons could return kickoffs; I don't know about punts.

All word from the Bengals is that Perry is working hard, but will not be ready for mini-camps. He will not be released; they have too much invested in him; at worst he is on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list again to start the season.

If all are healthy at the start of the season; they will carry an extra RB because of the contributions on special teams and carry one less special teams player from another position group.

Watson is too good on Kickoff and Punt coverage teams.

If Perry is healthy, Irons could return kickoffs; I don't know about punts.

All word from the Bengals is that Perry is working hard, but will not be ready for mini-camps. He will not be released; they have too much invested in him; at worst he is on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list again to start the season.

If all are healthy at the start of the season; they will carry an extra RB because of the contributions on special teams and carry one less special teams player from another position group.

So you think Irons will play special teams? I know Perry won't. What if Irons can't play special teams? I don't think anyone wants to cut a 2nd round pick? IMO Perry is gone