Kenny Irons A Bengal

No reason to reach at all. At that point I didn't know much about the guys that were still available on the defensive side, but with all the problems they had on that side, you have to figure there was someone out there that would be able to help in some way.

I like the Irons pick, but I just wish they would've been able to get some more help defensively.

:thumb:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a bunch of the Bengals' prospects were gobbled up in the 2nd round, I think Jacksonville may have taken a player they would have considered the pick prior. Fact of the matter is Rudi has been healthy so far but they are one injury away from not having a solid option at #1, and Irons fits the bill if Rudi goes down.

Not much out there worth a 2nd round pick at either spot...

I think that is the legit reason.

No one on the board defensively, worthy of second round money.

I like Iron for the fact he can ctch the ball out of the backfield.

How badly did the Bengals struggle this year on thrid down? Quite a bit if I recall correctly.

I like the fact they can get the ball to Irons in the flat or line him up ona backer. How much better is the Bengal offense with a legit threat on third down when Perry was healthy. Big time.

Unfortunately, Perry is not very durable.

Jets taking Harris and Steelers picking Woodley forced Bengals to Irons. Marvin said in an interview, that previous picks forced the Bengals into looking somewhere else except Defense. Jets trading up really screwed the Bengals!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Everyone seems to think that Perry is the odd man out. I have no idea what his condition is right now and we all know he's had the "KiJana" syndrome. But if he comes back in time for camp and looks good in camp, don't you think it could lead to Watson being the odd man out. Thoughts?

Everyone seems to think that Perry is the odd man out. I have no idea what his condition is right now and we all know he's had the "KiJana" syndrome. But if he comes back in time for camp and looks good in camp, don't you think it could lead to Watson being the odd man out. Thoughts?

I'd think salary and special teams ability becomes an issue when deciding on the 3rd string back.

I kinda got the feeling on the news last night that Perry probably won't be ready for training camp.

I watched a lot of Auburn games this year and I think that Irons is an excellent back. Even in the SEC he looked to me like he was on a different level than most of the defenders trying to chase him down.

:thumb: I saw a lot of them also, Irons is the real deal at RB. Irons and Rudio should be a good punch in the ground game.