Reds Broadcasters

What does everyone think about the Reds broadcasters on Fox Sports Net? I thought I would like Brantley and Brenneman in the booth, but they just seem to be to critical of the players. In my opinion, broadcasters are there to announce the game...let the players play. I like Welch and Grande much better. Any thoughts on the subject?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone think about the Reds broadcasters on Fox Sports Net? I thought I would like Brantley and Brenneman in the booth, but they just seem to be to critical of the players. In my opinion, broadcasters are there to announce the game...let the players play. I like Welch and Grande much better. Any thoughts on the subject?

Besides in one of RP's Duke threads, this may be the most disagreed with statement ever...

You have to be kidding! :eek:

Well, I'm not a big fan of them either. I just like to watch the baseball game and I think the other two are just to opinionated about the player. All they talk about is the mistakes the players make, like the other day when Valentin hit a three run single...seconds before the hit, they were bashing him for swing at a 2-0 count. Just let them play. Maybe I'll start watching with no sound...

Well, I'm not a big fan of them either. I just like to watch the baseball game and I think the other two are just to opinionated about the player. All they talk about is the mistakes the players make, like the other day when Valentin hit a three run single...seconds before the hit, they were bashing him for swing at a 2-0 count. Just let them play. Maybe I'll start watching with no sound...

That was justified. He swung on a 2-0 count when the pitcher had just thrown 8 straight balls.

The bat shouldn't have gotten off his shoulder. The guy hadn't thrown a strike in like 10 pitches. If he popped that up he'd look like the biggest idiot alive. He just got lucky and came through.

Let me guess: Do you also avoid TV news and the newspapers because there "isn't enough good news in it?"

Welsh and Grande should be doing HS games, and that has become painfully obvious listening to first-rate pros like Brantley and Thom the past few weeks. The contrast couldn't be more stark.