Reds Broadcasters

What does everyone think about the Reds broadcasters on Fox Sports Net? I thought I would like Brantley and Brenneman in the booth, but they just seem to be to critical of the players. In my opinion, broadcasters are there to announce the game...let the players play. I like Welch and Grande much better. Any thoughts on the subject?

My personal opinion is tha "the crappy lefhander" and Grande are bad, very bad. I really like Brantley and Thom. I don't mind them being critical at all. Thes are professional athletes, not h.s. (although you might have the h.s. argument with the way our bullpen performs:rolleyes: :D ) and a lot of the time I absolutely agree with their critisizm. My point is I guess that I think they should "callem' like they see em'" - I don't have a problem with it.

JMO

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/color]

I almost always do that. I use the mute and turn on Marty & Joe. I do that also when Billy Packer and a few others do the NCAA tourney.

:thumb: Same here, if Grande and Welsh are on then the t.v. is on mute and I listen to the radio broadcast.

I posted this in the Track the Reds thread and though it would work here as well...

On a more positive note; I loved what Thom said after Hamilton's home run. Something along the lines of, "I'm not smart enough to come up with anything better to say about this young man that hasn't already been said. So I'll just sit here and enjoy the moment." Loved it...

Dear Lord there is one man more annoying than Chris Welsh and George Grande and that is Jim Day...I'm going to have to get up and find the remote now...

:thumb: Day is the only one that I can think of that is worse than those two.

At least the Reds/Fox Ohio network has the three worst broadcasters in sports along with the worst bullpen! :D I don't really care though, I would rather have the Reds on t.v. all the time than not, I can always turn on the radio and "Marty and Joe". :thumb:

:thumb: Same here, if Grande and Welsh are on then the t.v. is on mute and I listen to the radio broadcast.

Only problem is there is a delay on Satelite TV...Marty and Joe are ussually about 3-5 seconds early...

I have to admit I'm somewhat disappointed in Thom. His constant belittling of professional ball players is getting very old very fast. Welsh even thought he was picking on Freel last week in Arizona. Until you've played the game at a high level, don't carry on in the booth like you know what you're talking about. I think Brantley does a pretty good job for just really getting started in the broadcasting booth.

I have to admit I'm somewhat disappointed in Thom. His constant belittling of professional ball players is getting very old very fast. Welsh even thought he was picking on Freel last week in Arizona. Until you've played the game at a high level, don't carry on in the booth like you know what you're talking about. I think Brantley does a pretty good job for just really getting started in the broadcasting booth.

Thank you. :thumb: That's all he does.

Yeah he does.. .

Doggin Griffey the other night for not scoring from 2nd on a hit.. Kept saying Bill Hall scores from 1st on singles and Griffey cant make it from 2nd.

Are you saying it was not a legit complaint?