Reds Broadcasters

:thumb: Imo it was a very legit complaint, Griffey should had scored on that play. It is a thing called hustle. :D

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Mark Berry hold Jr. up on that. One thing that I think gets lost in all this is the fact that Jr. is old by pro ball standards and some of his skills have diminished. He just isn't that fast.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he does.. .

Doggin Griffey the other night for not scoring from 2nd on a hit.. Kept saying Bill Hall scores from 1st on singles and Griffey cant make it from 2nd.

Too many Kool-Aide drinkers conditioned to ignore the mistakes the Reds make game in and game out by Welsh and Grande.

Griffey doesn't hustle and should've easily scored on that play. He wasn't even at full speed.

Thom is a breath of fresh air. Brantley is an authority on everything, but his color is not nearly as bad as his play-by-play.

So far, mostly of the "hot" variety. :lol:

He's has came on strong, maybe a little stronger than he should because he wants to make a good impression, however he's much better than Grande and Welsh.

Thom (or Marty) praise'um when they're up and drag'um when they're down and that's fine with me.

Welsh and Grande are company guys that don't have the guts to critic the team when need be.

Thom (or Marty) praise'um when they're up and drag'um when they're down and that's fine with me.
You have to understand, I like both Marty and Thom. I've talked to Marty several times, and got to talk briefly with Thom a few weeks ago. So it's not that I just want to dog on him for no reason.

I don't think it was legit. First of all, Hall was stealing (or hit and run) and I'm pretty sure Hall is quite a few years younger than Jr.

Hall is irrelevant to Griffey scoring.

Griffey barely rounded 3rd by the time the ball was back in the infield.

Hall is irrelevant to Griffey scoring.

Griffey barely rounded 3rd by the time the ball was back in the infield.

Can't be irrelevant. Comparisons are being made and Hall was running and is alot younger than Griffey. I'm not saying Jr. does no wrong, but I am saying he isn't a speedster by any stretch and his best years are obviously behind him. Still an incredible talent though.