All State Teams Selected

Its a joke that Austin Hill didn't make that team... he averaged almost 21 a game against the best in the state then got shunned for All tourney team and then gets snubbed for the all state team? I'm sorry but I don't beleive everyone of those players on those list are better than Hill. No I haven't seen them all...

Congrats to the players on the 1st and 2nd team...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know who the others besides Hill that was HM?

Honorable mention

Davin Anderson (Doss); Darren Ballou (Adair Co.); Rashad Basey (Jeffersontown); Kerry Benson (PRP); Nick Britt (Warren Central); Tyler Brown (Apollo); Jamie Case (Belfry); Josh Crawford (Corbin); Matthew Daniel (Rowan Co.); Jonathan Ferguson (Elliott Co.); Luc Graves (Allen Co.-Scottsville); Johonne Hamilton (Ballard); Jordan Hammonds (South Laurel); Austin Hill (Holmes); Tanner Jacobs (Trinity); Jaron Jones (Bryan Station); Jamie McCarty (Johnson Central); Isaac McClure (Paducah Tilghman); Andre Miller (Central Hardin); Victor Moses (Henry Clay); Nathan Novosel (Lexington Catholic); Spencer Perrin (Boyle Co.); Greg Rice (Holmes); Shawn Savage (Bowling Green); John Smith (Harlan); Reggie Smith (Fairdale); Trey Smith (South Laurel); C.J. Trotter (Christian Co.); Robert Troutman (Bullitt East); Justin Vitatoe (Clinton Co.); Terry Walker (Fort Knox); Ryan Whitaker (Bell Co.).

Another kid who easily deserved to be on first team is Shelvin Mack at Bryan Station. However, looking down the list there is not a single kid that made first team that I could take off. There are just a lot of good ball players in Kentucky this year. Lots more than most years.

First Team All-State

(listed in order of votes)

Pettigrew- E'town

Walls- Scott Co

Miller- Mason Co

Proffitt- South Laurel

Mackey- Scott Co

Brooks- Doss

Anderson- Warren Central

Beckham- Ballard

Knowles- Clark Co

VanHoose- Russell

Congrats to all the players:ylsuper: Great to see two 10th region players in Miller and Knowles make 1st team.:thumb:

I was dissappointed that Doug Boumount didn't make first team. He really impressed me the 4 times I saw him play this year.

Austin Hill, Jaron Jones, and Michael Sparks are 3 very good players I saw this year who IMO should have been on the 2nd team.

I think it also shows how deep the talent in the state is right now. There are so many great players! Id say its better than its been in 15 years atleast.

Have to agree with you there. I think KY had a lot of talent which is why it made it a little harder to select. Not only Austin but a few other players were very underrated this year. Austin is just one of the bigger examples of underrated players considering everything he accomplished this past year.

But once again congrats to all of the young men who were selected to the 1st and 2nd team.

Congrats to all the players:ylsuper: Great to see two 10th region players in Miller and Knowles make 1st team.:thumb:

I was dissappointed that Doug Boumount didn't make first team. He really impressed me the 4 times I saw him play this year.

Beaumont was on the Courier-Journals first team allstate team.