All State Teams Selected

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is interesting to see the differences in the two groups. I am disappointed that Jonathan VanHoose is not included on the first team. However, I am pleased to see Rose Hill's two freshman, Dakotah Euton and Chad Jackson, on the second and third teams respectively. They are the only two below the junior class to make any of the three teams.

What is the criteria for making honorable mention? The list looks awfully inclusive although I would have expected Ferguson from Elliott County to be listed. I always heard that if you got one vote from your coach or from your coach "trading" a vote with another coach, you made the list. Is that true? Hopefully not.

I also don't see how Corey Pelle didn't make the list either. He was top 5 in the state in scoring.

No offense to Pelle, he is a very good player, but all of the player selected were very deserving. That is one of the drawbacks of playing at a D-3 school, with a D-3 schedule. Same thing with a very good player from Heritage, a good player putting up huge numbers, but it was against D-3 teams mostly, and voters are going to bring that into play.

Interesting that 5 of the players from the first team come from the Derek Smith Program, including Mr Basketball Pettigrew, along with Proffit, Van Hoose, Beckham and Brooks

I agree Austin Hill was "underrated"

Basically Derek Smith is an AAU All Star team. Every year they have numerous players that are all state. Plus didn't Profit play with South Laurels AAU most of the time?

Congrats to all the players:ylsuper: Great to see two 10th region players in Miller and Knowles make 1st team.:thumb:

I was dissappointed that Doug Boumount didn't make first team. He really impressed me the 4 times I saw him play this year.

Boumount looked very good when Clark played them this year.

No offense to Pelle, he is a very good player, but all of the player selected were very deserving. That is one of the drawbacks of playing at a D-3 school, with a D-3 schedule. Same thing with a very good player from Heritage, a good player putting up huge numbers, but it was against D-3 teams mostly, and voters are going to bring that into play.

I agree with you. I don't think he is a 1st 2nd or 3rd teamer, but definetly honorable mention.

are you refering to anyone specific? i don't know anyone from Heritage that put up Pelle like numbers...

• 2 weeks later...