UK Embarrassed????

BGGreen

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel any different today as I did yesterday. I would have loved to have gotten Donnovan but appreciate his loyalty. I am also still glad Tubby is gone.

The new coach hasn't even been hired much less won or lost any games for goodness sakes!!!

I don't think Donnovan turning down UK is a slap in the programs face as much as it is that he is very happy where he is. He has a family, friends, weather etc. Right now he is doing things that nobody has ever done there. I would have loved to have gotten him, I don't think it's the smartest move for him but I respect him for doing what he feels like is best for him and his family.

Gee life is awful, we will now interview 5 of the 10 coaches in the country worst case!

Kick a program while it's down. That's OK it won't be forgotten for those that love to stir the pot:)

Remember when Pitino came to UK. He wasnt the first coach offered the position . And I think he had a little success here:D

The sky is not falling:thumb:

You are correct. UK will hire a coach and whomever it is deserves the support of the fans.

I disagree with your comment. Not all UK fans are an embarrassment. All programs have fans that are or can be an embarrassment to their program and themselves, to include all in the same category is incorrect.

You are correct, and I certainly didn't mean to throw all the fans into one category. There are some great UK fans out there, and I like to think I'm one of them, but it seems the bad out number the good.

Absolutely embarrassing, but it doesn't have to be that big a deal.....I honestly felt all along that William would stay in AGainesville...if Barnhart is a respectable AD, he had to have beenat least thinking this could happen as well. Plan B, had better be good, or it will be Barnhart's last big decision.

I'm guessing Barnhart will be making alot of decisions to come. He was one who supported Tubby for the longest and I think rightfully so. He's also done some good things in the other sports and from all the rumors, the next coach, Barnes, Gillespie, Matta, Calipari, or whoever else it may be, are all excellent coaches. Also, he won't be the only one in on the decision process.

You are correct, and I certainly didn't mean to throw all the fans into one category. There are some great UK fans out there, and I like to think I'm one of them, but it seems the bad out number the good.

Nope... 82% good, 18% bad....That would be my guess :D

I agree on both points, but shouldn't a first rate AD have thought of that before running off Tubby?? I think Barnhart's making UK a laughing stock!!

Mitch was one of Tubbys biggest supporters...He didn't run Tubby off.. it's the 18% or so of the loud, obnoxious, unrealistic idiots that did that...

UK will be fine. Barnhardt will get a good coach and we'll get back on track. It's insane the way people are overreacting to this stuff...one group said Tubby leaving would result in half the team leaving or transferring and it would set the program back 10 years...now we have a group (many of whom couldn't wait to get rid of Tubby for basically anyone) saying that the program is doomed because Billy Donovan turned us down...not to mention the other group that seems to want to blame everything on Mitch Barnhardt despite that fact that pretty much every athletic program at UK has improved since he came...

...please, go find yourself a quiet place, count to ten, or ten thousand...whatever it takes to clear your head and settle down a bit and come to your senses. UK will get a good coach and the program will be fine.

:thumb:

I agree on both points, but shouldn't a first rate AD have thought of that before running off Tubby?? I think Barnhart's making UK a laughing stock!!

Mitch IMO did not run Tubby off. He may have been guilty of letting him go once the UK fans ran him off or he may have thought OTS would never leave.

True...but UNC, UCLA, and DUKE....likely would have gone after one of their own...or someone they felt "belonged" there...just like UK did with William...except he said "no thanks"

Lets say Coach K decides to leave so he can lead more people.

Who is the "one of their own" that Duke would call back home?