UK Embarrassed????

BGGreen

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KY didn't even make the SEC semi's the last 2 years.

We didn't finish in the top 25 this year.

That was embarrassing! Job hunting with the top coaches in America is not embarrassing:) Billy D was the top choice and he did what he felt was best for him and his family. Now we go down the list to another top 5 coach in the country. Life isn't that bad.

I know that rivals are enjoying getting off on what UK is going through. I would probably feel the same way if UK knocked UofL off next year in football while Lville is this BCS Beast and KY is the bottom feeder of the SEC. In the end we don't even have a coach yet so how can you judge? Pitino left KY in better shape than it was when he came and it helped his resume.

Tubby left it in worse shape then it was and it helped his resume.

The next coach coming in has the potential to be like Pitino was with the shape Tubby has left it in.

Life isn't as bad as a lot of folks on here would like to paint it to be.

KY didn't even make the SEC semi's the last 2 years.

We didn't finish in the top 25 this year.

That was embarrassing! Job hunting with the top coaches in America is not embarrassing:) Billy D was the top choice and he did what he felt was best for him and his family. Now we go down the list to another top 5 coach in the country. Life isn't that bad.

I know that rivals are enjoying getting off on what UK is going through. I would probably feel the same way if UK knocked UofL off next year in football while Lville is this BCS Beast and KY is the bottom feeder of the SEC. In the end we don't even have a coach yet so how can you judge? Pitino left KY in better shape than it was when he came and it helped his resume.

Tubby left it in worse shape then it was and it helped his resume.

The next coach coming in has the potential to be like Pitino was with the shape Tubby has left it in.

Life isn't as bad as a lot of folks on here would like to paint it to be.

Really? Because I could swear that I was there when South Carolina beat them in the semis. Must have been my imagination.

Really? Because I could swear that I was there when South Carolina beat them in the semis. Must have been my imagination.

No imagination. It was the semifinals. Kentucky beat Ole Miss on Thursday and Alabama on Friday before the South Carolina/semifinal game.

BG - I do not think there is any embarrassment in Billy D. wanting to stay where he is.

The embarrassment has already arrived. We ran out a coach who won 26 games a year. THAT'S embarrassing.

I agree on both counts.:thumb:

:sleep: How about Johnny Dawkins or Steve Wojo (I wouldn't dare)

:thumb:

They would definitely get the job (one of them), but I'm not real keen on the idea of entrusting a program of the stature of UK, Duke, UNC, UCLA, etc. to a guy with no head coaching experience. Sure there's not many better to learn from than Coach K, but it's still risky IMO.

:thumb:

They would definitely get the job (one of them), but I'm not real keen on the idea of entrusting a program of the stature of UK, Duke, UNC, UCLA, etc. to a guy with no head coaching experience. Sure there's not many better to learn from than Coach K, but it's still risky IMO.

I dread the day the Leader retires.....but it is inevitable.