Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Embarrassed????

Featured Replies

Now that it appears that Mitch & Kentucky were played like a fiddle by Billy D.; the question would seem to be exactly how embarrassing is this for UK?? There was a time when Kentucky could have their pick of virtually any coach in the country. Now they run off a perfectly good coach and a fine man to boot, and end up sitting and waiting a couple weeks for a guy who turns them down; leaving them looking to pick up the pieces and trying to formulate a "plan B"?? Looks pretty amatuerish and publicly humiliating from a distance!! Are they no longer considered an "elite program" by the coaching fraternity?? Thoughts??

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BG - I do not think there is any embarrassment in Billy D. wanting to stay where he is.

 

The embarrassment has already arrived. We ran out a coach who won 26 games a year. THAT'S embarrassing.

As was posted before, be careful what you wish for.

 

Whatever the fallout, I think we deserve it.

Absolutely embarrassing, but it doesn't have to be that big a deal.....I honestly felt all along that William would stay in AGainesville...if Barnhart is a respectable AD, he had to have beenat least thinking this could happen as well. Plan B, had better be good, or it will be Barnhart's last big decision.

As was posted before, be careful what you wish for.

 

Whatever the fallout, I think we deserve it.

Excellent post Toots....that's the thing almost every UK fan asking for Tubby's head was so excited because Donovan was coming...well they were right...he is coming, once a year, just like always....I bet he isn't treated as well in Rupp from now on.

BG - I do not think there is any embarrassment in Billy D. wanting to stay where he is.

 

The embarrassment has already arrived. We ran out a coach who won 26 games a year. THAT'S embarrassing.

 

 

 

 

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: UK fans have been an embarrassment for several years.

I don't think it's embarrassing. I think if North Carolina, UCLA, Duke or anyone that would have offered Billy the job in the college ranks would have gotten the same answer.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: UK fans have been an embarrassment for several years.

Do you really think you'll get wings? I can sell some very cheap ;)

  • Author
BG - I do not think there is any embarrassment in Billy D. wanting to stay where he is.

 

The embarrassment has already arrived. We ran out a coach who won 26 games a year. THAT'S embarrassing.

 

I agree on both points, but shouldn't a first rate AD have thought of that before running off Tubby?? I think Barnhart's making UK a laughing stock!!

I don't think it's embarrassing. I think if North Carolina, UCLA, Duke or anyone that would have offered Billy the job in the college ranks would have gotten the same answer.

True...but UNC, UCLA, and DUKE....likely would have gone after one of their own...or someone they felt "belonged" there...just like UK did with William...except he said "no thanks"

Do you really think you'll get wings? I can sell some very cheap ;)

 

 

I don't know. Watusi vouches for Wireman, and I trust Watusi with my life, but I must say I'm disappointed that Wireman hasn't pm'd me to set up a day.

  • Author
I don't think it's embarrassing. I think if North Carolina, UCLA, Duke or anyone that would have offered Billy the job in the college ranks would have gotten the same answer.

 

These schools didn't run Coach K, etc. out of town BEFORE pursuing Billy either??

I'm sure UK is embarrassed, along with all of the BGP'ers with those "close sources..."

I'm sure UK is embarrassed, along with all of the BGP'ers with those "close sources..."

They'll blame it on someone else...instead of the fact that they posted rediculous info.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.