Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN's greatest college bball teams ever

Featured Replies

The 96 team was insane, their second five coulda been half the teams they played.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UNLV was pretty nasty IMO!

 

Yeah, I think UNLV has to be a top-10 team.

  • Author
The 96 team was insane, their second five coulda been half the teams they played.

 

A second 5 of Wayne Turner, Jeff Sheppard, Ron Mercer, Allen Edwards, and Mark Pope.

Also on the bench was Nazr Mohammed as well as Jared Prickett and Scott Padgett redshirting.

That 1996 UK team was the deepest team I have ever seen. How many guys from that team made the pros? I know Delk, Mercer, Anderson, Pope, McCarty and Walker for sure. And Mohammed was a freshman but I can't remember if he played or was red shirted and I know Padgett did not play that year. Anyway, what a great team to watch.

A second 5 of Wayne Turner, Jeff Sheppard, Ron Mercer, Allen Edwards, and Mark Pope.

Also on the bench was Nazr Mohammed as well as Jared Prickett and Scott Padgett redshirting.

 

I think that 11-12 players on this team played professionally at some level.

One of those UNLV teams has to be mentioned, if '92 Duke is there you have to include '91 UNLV.

 

'91 UNLV lost to '91 Duke. I believe that you are going for '90 UNLV.

I think that Duke's 2001 squad was their best ever.

I think that Duke's 2001 squad was their best ever.

 

:thumb:

 

Shocked they weren't on here somewhere.

 

Then again... This was written around the time of the 2003 finals so maybe it was too close to look back at them and see them as one of the best.

You are correct Mexitucky.

I think that Duke's 2001 squad was their best ever.

 

I agree.

Add Florida's 07' team to that list as one of the greatest teams ever. Only starting 5 to repeat as national champs.

I would put the 96' U.K. team at #1, no question

Maybe move the 76' I.U. team to #2

68' UCLA at #3

the rest look prtetty good.

 

Imo the UNLV team should maybe be in there somewhere and now this 07' Florida team belongs on the list.

I think UK's '96 team was the best ever. They would be my #1. That was a pro team.

Dick Vitale said before the '96 season began that the best team in the country was UK's starting five and #2 was UK's bench.

I agree..the '96 Uk team, and the '01 Duke team...would be one heckuva a matchup, IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.