Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 St. Xavier

Featured Replies

I'm guessing you mean St. X was #3 in 4A.

 

I would agree at the start of the year but not in the playoffs. I think Henry Clay could have knocked off St. X. Henry Clay was not as good as Male and obviously not as Trinity but I think Henry Clay could have beaten St. X.

 

I really enjoy your insights on the Lexington area teams, Golfer, but I don't honestly think that the Blue Devils could have handled X's depth last year. I've heard that Henry Clay and X may be scheduled for a preseason scrimmage this year. If so, it should be a good one since I think both teams will be loaded in 2007.

  • Replies 122
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had received a recent PM from a Tiger parent, who mentioned that he had heard the rumor that Seth Harvey was returning to St. X., and wanted to find out if it was true. Hopefully, you are correct in what you are saying, RedX. If this does prove to be true, then you get my nomination for best ever first post...WELCOME TO BGP!! :thumb:

 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm 100% sure he's coming to louisville. I've got the inside scoop on him since I'm his dad. :thumb: I accepted the transfer offer from my work last week and begin my new position on Monday. He'll be there in about six weeks. He's very excited and has already begun extra training at the facility in huntington that OJ Majo and other athletes train at. He's working on his quickness, core strength, and flexibility. All we are waiting on is the finally paperwork from X and psas. Barring any major hickups it's a done deal. :banana:

I really enjoy your insights on the Lexington area teams, Golfer, but I don't honestly think that the Blue Devils could have handled X's depth last year. I've heard that Henry Clay and X may be scheduled for a preseason scrimmage this year. If so, it should be a good one since I think both teams will be loaded in 2007.

 

In 2007 Henry Clay returns most of their starters except for their two big guns in Jeter and Minnifiled which was like 60% of their offense.

 

Honestly if Henry Clay played St. X last year the winner would depend on where the game was played. Henry Clay was pretty average off of turf. The Clark County and Bell County games showed that.

 

But if they were on turf them or Male was the fastest team in the state. I think Henry Clay could beat St. X at home. Henry Clay would score about 31 and I don't know if St. X could match that, but Henry Clay would lose to St. X on the road.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm 100% sure he's coming to louisville. I've got the inside scoop on him since I'm his dad. :thumb: I accepted the transfer offer from my work last week and begin my new position on Monday. He'll be there in about six weeks. He's very excited and has already begun extra training at the facility in huntington that OJ Majo and other athletes train at. He's working on his quickness, core strength, and flexibility. All we are waiting on is the finally paperwork from X and psas. Barring any major hickups it's a done deal. :banana:

 

GREAT NEWS!!...WELCOME BACK!! :ylsuper:

 

Seth will have a fantastic stadium to play in for the next two years. I'm sure that Deuce will love seeing the BIG GUY in front of him again...GO TIGERS!

GREAT NEWS!!...WELCOME BACK!! :ylsuper:

 

Seth will have a fantastic stadium to play in for the next two years. I'm sure that Deuce will love seeing the BIG GUY in front of him again...GO TIGERS!

 

Yeah, I really liked watching Seth and Duece play as freshmen. They were men amoung boys. From what I heard (i followed St X as best I could last year) Duece played more and more as the season went on. Hopefully they can both take it up another level.

That's a HUGE (no pun intended) addition to the line. Welcome back Seth.

Yeah, I really liked watching Seth and Duece play as freshmen. They were men amoung boys. From what I heard (i followed St X as best I could last year) Duece played more and more as the season went on. Hopefully they can both take it up another level.

Can I get some love for the passing game, too? Seriously, welcome back Seth. Ox-or any X men-any idea on the candidates for the 5 starting OL besides Gahm and Smith?( and Harvey!!)

Bombshell news for the o-line, one of the places help was needed, IMHO. Welcome back.

I had received a recent PM from a Tiger parent, who mentioned that he had heard the rumor that Seth Harvey was returning to St. X., and wanted to find out if it was true. Hopefully, you are correct in what you are saying, RedX. If this does prove to be true, then you get my nomination for best ever first post...WELCOME TO BGP!! :thumb:

 

The parent was right on the button:cool:

Excellent news for the Tiger Faithful... Now go finish that High School education and throw in a State Championship or two to go with it.... Work hard and make it happen.......

RedX,

 

Congrats on your job and your son returning to St. X.

 

You have a unique experience of having your son play at a good "rural" football school and one of the best programs in Kentucky at X. What are some of the major differences between the two good programs, or between football in Louisville versus football out in the state? This question may be better asked later, as I believe your son only played Freshmen football at X.

The parent was right on the button:cool:

 

Not being sure of the answer myself, I'm really glad that "the parent's" supposition and quiry were validated by a 100% reliable source. :lol: :thumb: :lol:

Not being sure of the answer myself, I'm really glad that "the parent's" supposition and quiry were validated by a 100% reliable source. :lol: :thumb: :lol:

 

As always Ox..you are 100% correct.

Welcome aboard RedX, and to your son!

RedX,

 

Congrats on your job and your son returning to St. X.

 

You have a unique experience of having your son play at a good "rural" football school and one of the best programs in Kentucky at X. What are some of the major differences between the two good programs, or between football in Louisville versus football out in the state? This question may be better asked later, as I believe your son only played Freshmen football at X.

 

Yes, Seth only played freshman at X. The biggest difference that I saw when I first arrived was how practice was conducted. At X, everyone was in constant motion. There were more volunteer coaches and more players so things could be brokendown more/more specialized. X had right at 100 player +/-. That same freshman class (though even it was small by normal standards - usual class size would be around 25 or so) at Russell had to pull players up from 8th and a couple of sophomores down, just to have a few subs. The weight room facilities are quite a bit different as well. The thing is, is that right now Russell has the best program in our immediate area, hands down. I'm sure I'm biased and many people from Ashland would disagree. But from my eyes (I moved to Russell 5 years ago), no other program has been as consistent. The fan base is extremely supportative (as is X's) and that makes the games really fun. It's a community event on game night. That is pretty cool. Hopefully, that answers you question.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.