Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 St. Xavier

Featured Replies

What does St. Xavier need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 122
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think this will be the hungriest group of Tigers in years. They have underachieved the last two years, but that was due to a chemistry problem. I think X has that all figured ot coming into this season..and certainly will be one of the top 2 teams this fall.

I hope they will be able to patch up their offensive line if they want their promising backfield to run wild. Rockpride, chemistry has been a problem but they are still a very tight squad. This coming senior class has lost a bunch of players from freshman year haven't they?

St.X needs to develop a consistant short passing game and stretch the field in order to open up the run. The Tigers must also work the bugs out of the kicking game. This team has all the tools to be successful this season and should be one of the more athletic teams ever. They should benefit from the excitement of the new stadium and it looks like they are working very hard in the weight room.If they take care of the little things they will be fine.

This team has all the tools to be successful this season and should be one of the more athletic teams ever.

So this is the 2007 version of the most athletic team ever? ;)

So this is the 2007 version of the most athletic team ever? ;)

 

 

Guru:"What does St. Xavier need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive."

Should be a pretty fun team to watch. The success of this team will depend on how quickly a revamped offensive line comes together. Rolandan Finch, Will Simmons and Kevin Brinkman should be the main offensive weapons along with a few up and coming sophs. Senior James Carpenter will lead a very motivated and atheletic defense.

So this is the 2007 version of the most athletic team ever? ;)

Did they not teach you how to read at Trinity?What part of that statement reads most ever? There is a big difference between one of the more and most!Remember be be constructive- you did not read that either!

1. Kicking Game

2. Special Teams

3. Offense (Running Game)

4. Offense (Short Passing Game)

5. Defensive Line (Quickness)

6. Offensive Line (Quickness)

7. Team Enthusiasm

 

If the Tigers are to bring home the 2007 6A Title, all of the above areas MUST be addressed, corrected and improved upon by several notches....

What does St. Xavier need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

 

Guru - It would be fun to revisit this topic after the season, each team having a thread for constructive comments on areas were improvements were noted or fell short... Just an idea....

Did they not teach you how to read at Trinity?What part of that statement reads most ever? There is a big difference between one of the more and most!Remember be be constructive- you did not read that either!

Excuse me. Let me rephrase: Is this the 2007 version of one of the more athletic teams ever? ;)

 

Maybe it's a mantra over there, but each year since 2004 I've heard this is St. X's most athletic team to date, or maybe I've heard this is "one of St. X's more athetic teams ever." I'm pretty sure Glaser even said last year's team was "his fastest team ever."

 

As to the original intent of the thread, if this athleticism/speed is once again true, I don't think there's anything the players can do to "improve in 2007"...:sssh:

theguru "What does St. Xavier need to do to improve in 2007?" Improved passing and pass defense, IMHO, could be the upgrades. A higher pass completion percentage would complement and take pressure off the running game.

 

theguru "What do they need to keep doing to be successful?" Large offensive lines and powerful running attacks have been a hallmark of Glaser football teams.

I really think this will be the hungriest group of Tigers in years. They have underachieved the last two years, but that was due to a chemistry problem. I think X has that all figured ot coming into this season..and certainly will be one of the top 2 teams this fall.

 

The 2005 team underachieving and having a chemistry problem? I can't give an educated description of what transpired in 2006, but the insinuation of the 2005 team having these types of issues needs some corrections. This horse was beat to death last year and I never deal with excuses, just facts-the 2005 team had a very disappointing FINAL GAME, but I wouldn't call losing a very close and ugly game (by both teams) to a much improved Rock squad underachieving, I would call it an unfortunate loss to a good team who finished the season at a very comparable level of success. Coming up short (regardless of circumstances suffered by BOTH teams) in one game to a program like Trinity is not underachieving IMO.

 

The rest of the post I think/hope is pretty accurate. I look for Ben, Deuce, Will & crew to have a very successful season breaking in the new stadium.

I believe X will be back and ready. And I always think X will be competitive on the field. Running game will be great and I think the kicking game will be great again. I think a lot of people will be surprised how good their kicking game will be.

 

A side note can't wait to watch many games in the new "home" stadium!

The 2005 team underachieving and having a chemistry problem? I can't give an educated description of what transpired in 2006, but the insinuation of the 2005 team having these types of issues needs some corrections. This horse was beat to death last year and I never deal with excuses, just facts-the 2005 team had a very disappointing FINAL GAME, but I wouldn't call losing a very close and ugly game (by both teams) to a much improved Rock squad underachieving, I would call it an unfortunate loss to a good team who finished the season at a very comparable level of success. Coming up short (regardless of circumstances suffered by BOTH teams) in one game to a program like Trinity is not underachieving IMO.

 

The rest of the post I think/hope is pretty accurate. I look for Ben, Deuce, Will & crew to have a very successful season breaking in the new stadium.

I can go with that. I guess I used the term underachieved being that the 2005 squad was being claimed as X's best ever, and they didn't win. Nothing more, nothing less.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.