Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy Donovan updates

Featured Replies

Any new rumors out there?

I am laying it out and all rumors can now cease...I am the new coach and Mrs. Donovan is now Mrs. Radio Woman:dancingpa

  • Replies 72
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone tries to keep up with all the rumors that person will be exhausted!!

 

I think the only way we have a good team next year is if we get Billy Donovan and are able to get Calathes, Patterson, and Lucas.

 

After that if we were to get Thad Matta, he has 5 top 30 2008 commitments already. Those 5 would look good in UK blue!!

I'd like to add heat to the rumor fire.

 

There was a private jet that flew from Gainesville to Lexington Wednesday morning. 4 hours after arriving in Lex, it flew back to Gainesville.

 

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/LXJ255/history/20070328/1212Z/KGNV/KLEX

 

There was a private jet that flew from Lexington to Ohio State on Tuesday and returned to Lex on Wednesday morning.

 

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N234TK/history/20070328/2152Z/KLEX/KOSU

 

There was a private jet that flew from Lexignton to Philadelphia (Villanova) also on Wednesday morning. They flew back to Lex 30 minutes after arriving in Phiily.

 

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N826HS/history/20070328/1950Z/KLEX/KPHL

 

Coincidence? I think not. The next coach at UK will be Billy Donovan with Thad Matta and Jay Wright as his assistants....

 

Then again, my wife's uncle's step-daughter's cousin's dad's co-worker might have been wrong when he saw a white male around 6' tall with a V-shaped hair-do standing outside these jets.... but its got to be ture... there was a man standing next to him with a Re-Max shirt on with pictures of the Versailles Castle that's rumored to be up for sale now. I knew they started remodeling that place last year for someone important....

Mitch said to heck with basketball. Those flights were for Urban Meyers, Jim Tressel, and Andy Reid as possible replacements for Brooks. :D

I too have heard the rumors that the Donovan Kids were enrolled at Lex Cath. Heard that the principle, coaches, teachers, students all couldn't keep from talking about it.

 

Take it for whats its worth.

 

 

Like I have said I'm not thinking anyone or believeing anyone untill their at the announcment press-conference.

Let's face it - Billy D is our next coach.

 

Go Cats!!!

Let's face it - Billy D is our next coach.

 

Go Cats!!!

I agree. On the subject of Matta, Why would UK want a coach who left another school (Xavier) to go to his so-called "dream job?" If Matta is willing to leave his dream job after only a couple of years, what makes UK thinks he wouldn't bolt UK after a couple of years?

I agree. On the subject of Matta, Why would UK want a coach who left another school (Xavier) to go to his so-called "dream job?" If Matta is willing to leave his dream job after only a couple of years, what makes UK thinks he wouldn't bolt UK after a couple of years?

 

I would be shocked if Billy Donovan isn't our next coach.

I would be shocked if Billy Donovan isn't our next coach.

Me too. Even having a possible recruit asking me what I know, lol.

Is it Tuesday yet? This is going to be one LONG weekend! Ever see the Simpson episode where Homer is waiting for the required waiting period so he can buy a gun? I feel like that right now, LOL. It's like waiting for Christmas.

If Billy D signs with Kentucky on Tuesday he doesnt have that long of a drive/fly to Huntington where he will be speaking at a foundation dinner Wednesday.

 

http://herdzone.cstv.com/genrel/022807aaa.html

 

My source ? A man who is involved in setting up the chairs at the dinner, he's a family friend. Nah, not really...Marshall.edu:thumb:

If Billy D signs with Kentucky on Tuesday he doesnt have that long of a drive/fly to Huntington where he will be speaking at a foundation dinner Wednesday.

 

http://herdzone.cstv.com/genrel/022807aaa.html

 

My source ? A man who is involved in setting up the chairs at the dinner, he's a family friend. Nah, not really...Marshall.edu:thumb:

 

 

I bet Mr. Patterson will be there, well at least he talks to him while he is in town.

 

I have wavered back and forth, I don't think he is coming now, but I might change my mind tomorrow.:rolleyes:

I agree. On the subject of Matta, Why would UK want a coach who left another school (Xavier) to go to his so-called "dream job?" If Matta is willing to leave his dream job after only a couple of years, what makes UK thinks he wouldn't bolt UK after a couple of years?

When was OSU talked about as Thad's "dream job"? I've always heard that was IU...

I don't even know what to think anymore. I was pretty excited and sure about Billy D. taking the job at the start of the week, but now I'm leaning more toward the "Gee, I hope we get someone that I recognize the name of". I honestly am about to give up any hope of the head Gator showing up here more than once a year.

When was OSU talked about as Thad's "dream job"? I've always heard that was IU...

 

Everything I've read about Matta said his dream job was to coach in the Big Ten, never mentioned a specific school.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.