Barnhart Must Go

dogman

UK fans "want" a winner...provide that and you'll be fine.

His first 8 years he was winning, and his resume was just fine when it came to WINNING. However there were alot of people then to that wanted him gone, so apparently winning wasn't everything. As I been saying in alot of threads, Tubby was doomed from the start for alot of people, because alot of people just never wanted him here. Pitino was God for alot of people, and well trying to follow that up is impossible for any coach. Who ever followed Pitino was doomed, and I know there is no way we would no for sure. But I would be willling to bet that if we had gotten another coach other than Tubby, that they wouldn't have been able to last as long as Tubby and the pressure from the fans, because that coach wouldn't be wanted either. Every place you see, when a legend leaves a team, the next coach is never liked as much and usually doesn't last, no matter what they do...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.. he should have offered Tubby more than Minnesota. Oh wait, he did, and Tubby CHOSE to leave.

Can we get this through our heads? TUBBY CHOSE TO LEAVE. He was not forced out, he was not fired.

You don't honestly believe that do you? I hope not.

Tubby did not DIRECTLY talk to Minnesota until this week. His agent is a COMPLETELY different story. So we're all right.

FACT- Minnesota contacted Tubby's agent in December and asked if he would be interested in the job and Tubby replied with a "YES". Now that's not directly talking to someone but it's surely indirectly speaking and that's what agents do so that no rules are broken.

Who would have thought that Kentucky would keep Coach Brooks longer than Coach Smith? Coach Smith has averaged 26 WINS a year. The one that needs to go his Barnhart.

Yea, let's just get rid of everyone. Coaches, players, administrators, boosters, everyone involved. Give me a break......

Barnhardt has a pretty darn good track record when it comes to hiring coaches. Just ask the baseball, football, and girls basketball teams.

Tubby spent some quality time recently with former UM coach, Clem Haskens.

I believe their conversations played a huge role in Tubby's decision.:walk:

Best wishes to Tubby and his family. He has shown nothing but class throughout his tenure at UK.:thumb:

My vote for the next coach goes to Pitino or Pat Riley.

Tubby spent some quality time recently with former UM coach, Clem Haskens.

I believe their conversations played a huge role in Tubby's decision.:walk:

Best wishes to Tubby and his family. He has shown nothing but class throughout his tenure at UK.:thumb:

My vote for the next coach goes to Pitino or Pat Riley.

Is your avatar the next UK coach?:D

That mess was Hal Mumme's. Morris couldn't fix what was that bad in two years.

Are you really sure what it is your trying to say? First you say the program was not full of problems and now you say it was a mess when Brooks took over. Which is it?

He said a 10 year set back'not setting you back or taking you back to ten years ago.Thats not that hard to figure out.;)

Oh thanks so much! :rolleyes:

I was using some sarcasm--- sorry it went over your head.

For the record, UK basketball was more enjoyable for me 10 years ago.

Oh thanks so much! :rolleyes:

I was using some sarcasm--- sorry it went over your head.

For the record, UK basketball was more enjoyable for me 10 years ago.

Exactly the point of the unrealistic UK fan.

You enjoyed 10 years ago when they were on a run from 96 to 98. And when else was UK able to repeat that type of run, OH.....let's see,....here it is.....in 1948 to 1951. What you experienced in 96 to 98, happens for UK every 45 years. NOT every 4 to 5 years.

If you feel I am wrong on that, please name another time in UK's basketball history that was similar to 96-98 with 3 championship runs besides the one in the late 40's and early 50's.

The times you are referring to UK has been able to do JUST TWICE in it's history. That is it. TWICE. The other 50 some years are very similar to Tubby's last 9 years.

The UK basketball history is more like Tubby's last 9 years than it is not.

Exactly the point of the unrealistic UK fan.

You enjoyed 10 years ago when they were on a run from 96 to 98. And when else was UK able to repeat that type of run, OH.....let's see,....here it is.....in 1948 to 1951. What you experienced in 96 to 98, happens for UK every 45 years. NOT every 4 to 5 years.

If you feel I am wrong on that, please name another time in UK's basketball history that was similar to 96-98 with 3 championship runs besides the one in the late 40's and early 50's.

The times you are referring to UK has been able to do JUST TWICE in it's history. That is it. TWICE. The other 50 some years are very similar to Tubby's last 9 years.

The UK basketball history is more like Tubby's last 9 years than it is not.

It's not just about championships, it's really about Final Fours. I love Tubby but he has yet to get to the Final Four with HIS players. Players he recruited. Tubby is a great coach but he's not a great recruiter of players. He's a good recruiter but not a great one.

It's not just about championships, it's really about Final Fours. I love Tubby but he has yet to get to the Final Four with HIS players. Players he recruited. Tubby is a great coach but he's not a great recruiter of players. He's a good recruiter but not a great one.

Okay Final 4's then. From the late 50's to 1975, that is approximately 18 years, they went to a grand total of ONE final 4. I think we all know how that game ended against Texas Western.

In some reading on the UK website I was doing the other day, I read, I believe it was Rupp reached 5 Final 4's. That was it.

In his 42 years of coaching, he won 3 of his 4 national championships by 1951. One the other in 1958 I believe. It would be 20 years later before UK won another.

Had all 4 of his 30 win seasons by 1951. Couldn't duplicate that feat in the last 21 years. Tubby did it twice, once with his own recruits.

Went to 2 more Final 4's after 1951.

If it is only about Final 4's and Tubby's success was not enough, then Rupp's after 1951 wasn't either for today's UK fan.

So, there's an article talking about the return of football in the Bluegrass, the baseball team is off to it's best start ever after winning the SEC last year and the guy that made these hires needs to be fired? Hm, interesting...

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Mitch Barnhart is really a nightmare for UK..I remember being in Hawaii in 2004, I had a shirt with the outline of the state of KY on it...some people from Corvallis came over and said they were so happy that he was gone.

How is he a nightmare? :confused: