Barnhart Must Go

dogman

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then someone else is posting in all the other threads using your screen name.

Why? I haven't said that this is not a good move.

Consistently, said that the next coach will have had less success.

But as UC/Huggins happened, the atmosphere by the NON-basketball components had been poisoned so much, it was time for a change.

All of the Saint Rick fans better hope that he is not right as they think he is always right and UK will be set back 10 years because of this move.

Barnhart hire's so far:

Baseball: John Cohen won the first SEC title in schools history and has made Kentucky a National power in only 4 years.

Football: Brooks inherited nothing but problems and won Kentucky's first bowl game in several years this season.

Women's Basketball: Mickie DeMoss took over a program that was in shambles and took them to the big dance last year.

Pretty good track record of coaching hires IMO, as all three programs have been perennial doormats for years, not only in the SEC but nationally. Looks to me like he has worked miracles.

That's disputable. Guy Morris did right with the situation he had, but he wasn't Barnharts man. Brooks did have to deal with probation, but he didn't have "nothing but problems"

That's disputable. Guy Morris did right with the situation he had, but he wasn't Barnharts man. Brooks did have to deal with probation, but he didn't have "nothing but problems"

No problems and 7 offensive lineman. Morriss left the program in a mess much as Tubby is doing.

Except that TUBBY started flirting with Minnesota SIX WEEKS AGO.

Try again.

That is not true. UM started contacting Tubby's agent six weeks ago. Common practice this time of year. Nobody from UM even talked to Tubby until yesterday.

Why? I haven't said that this is not a good move.

Consistently, said that the next coach will have had less success.

Uhhh... the only way those to sentences don't contradict one another is if you think TUBBY would have even LESS success than the coach that will be hired.

In essence you're saying:

98-07 Tubby > New Coach > '08 and on Tubby

That is not true. UM started contacting Tubby's agent six weeks ago. Common practice this time of year. Nobody from UM even talked to Tubby until yesterday.

According to ESPN, Minnesota became aware six weeks ago that Tubby would be willing to come. Knowing that he would be willing to come is a far cry from just chatting up his agent.

I know he wasn't talking to them on the phone, but he knew what was going on.

I'm sure his agent had his consent to talk. I read the article and what you are asking us to assume based on that one statement is a huge stretch. You making it sound as if Tubby was shopping himself around and I think that is far fetched.

Uhhh... the only way those to sentences don't contradict one another is if you think TUBBY would have even LESS success than the coach that will be hired.

In essence you're saying:

98-07 Tubby > New Coach > '08 and on Tubby

I was not clear. They will come in with LESS SUCCESS in the past 10 years than Tubby has had.

I was not clear. They will come in with LESS SUCCESS in the past 10 years than Tubby has had.

I bet they come in with more success in the last 2 years. Otherwise I agree. His winning percentage is impecable.

Do you really believe that he first spoke to them yesterday and agreed to take the job within hours?

Yeah.. he should have offered Tubby more than Minnesota. Oh wait, he did, and Tubby CHOSE to leave.

Can we get this through our heads? TUBBY CHOSE TO LEAVE. He was not forced out, he was not fired.

Yeah and how many people would have wanted to stay at a place where there was alot of people who didn't want him. As he said in the press conference today everybody always wants to be wanted. And I dont care who you are, if you are at a place where no matter what you do, there are going to be people who dont want you. Then after 10 years of dealing with that, it would get old and make a person want to go somewhere else. Tubby as I said in another thread did better dealing with everything than most coaches could have following Pitino, and how everyone viewed him as a God while here. Most coaches would not have been able to last 10 years here following that...