Barnhart Must Go

dogman

A clear sign of how important beating UL is to us.

And the different expectations of programs.

Not hard to figure that one out.

:rolleyes:

Please.

Louisville would have considered last football season a failure if they'd beaten Kentucky but finished out of the money in the Big East. Conversely, while I don't imagine they'd be entirely complacent about it, if UK had beaten Louisville but failed to be bowl elligible, beating a ranked Louisville team would have been more than enough to tide the fan base over.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.. he should have offered Tubby more than Minnesota. Oh wait, he did, and Tubby CHOSE to leave.

Can we get this through our heads? TUBBY CHOSE TO LEAVE. He was not forced out, he was not fired.

I have to disagree. When almost everything you hear or read is about wanting you to leave, he was forced out by idiot fans.

Keep telling yourself that.:rolleyes:

And which part do you want to dispute?

Sure, the fans were restless, but the administration was sticking with him.

Apparently TUBBY started all this six weeks ago. He's not the victim here. He left on his own terms, don't think otherwise. If he had wanted, he could have been back next year.

Tubby did NOT get a raw deal here. He's taking a MUCH easier job for only a little less money, and did he because HE wanted to.

I have to disagree. When almost everything you hear or read is about wanting you to leave, he was forced out by idiot fans.

The fans wanted him out last year, so have they really gotten that much more powerful this year? Yes, there was fan pressure, and its probably a (or the) reason he left, but he wasn't FORCED anywhere. If HE WANTED, he could still be the coach at UK.

The fanbase is here to stay. The historic program of KY was not built over night incase some of you didn't know. If you don't like the standards then become Minnesota fans, because we are not lowering the standards. We are the Marines of college basketball, we expect to win and won't accept losing.

The fanbase is here to stay. The historic program of KY was not built over night incase some of you didn't know. If you don't like the standards then become Minnesota fans, because we are not lowering the standards. We are the Marines of college basketball, we expect to win and won't accept losing.

Tubby knew the standards when he came...he wasn't living up to them, so he's gone. By his own free will, forced out by fans or administration...I don't really care why...probably a combination of all those things, but if he wasn't willing to change, then it's pretty obvious that the direction of our basketball program wasn't going to either. No way this is a bad move for UK basketball...and please forgive me, if I don't feel sorry for a man that made somewhere in the neighborhood of $20 million to coach a basketball team for 10 years.

I wish him the best of luck in Minnesota, but I won't miss him as the coach of UK basketball.

Agreed. Barnhart would NOT have fired Tubby. He has proved that he does not crumble under pressure by fans. If so, Brooks would have been long gone. As stated in the newspaper Tubby said he "wanted to be wanted", evidentally fan support was more important than the University's support.

Agreed. Barnhart would NOT have fired Tubby. He has proved that he does not crumble under pressure by fans. If so, Brooks would have been long gone. As stated in the newspaper Tubby said he "wanted to be wanted", evidentally fan support was more important than the University's support.

UK fans "want" a winner...provide that and you'll be fine.

Why? I haven't said that this is not a good move.

Consistently, said that the next coach will have had less success.

But as UC/Huggins happened, the atmosphere by the NON-basketball components had been poisoned so much, it was time for a change.

All of the Saint Rick fans better hope that he is not right as they think he is always right and UK will be set back 10 years because of this move.

Setting us back 10 years sounds good. We were inthe Final Four.

No one is really commenting on the condition TUBBY is leaving the program in compared to what was given him to start with..

If you believe that--- I have some beach front property I want to sell you in Lexington

Tubby did not DIRECTLY talk to Minnesota until this week. His agent is a COMPLETELY different story. So we're all right.

No one is really commenting on the condition TUBBY is leaving the program in compared to what was given him to start with..

Compare the situation Tubby walked into to the situation the new coach will walk into...

...to me, that sums up Tubby Smith at UK and is pretty much all you need to know.

Of course, it's probably the fan's fault.

He said a 10 year set back'not setting you back or taking you back to ten years ago.Thats not that hard to figure out.;)