Barnhart Must Go

dogman

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we had a AD with a backbone and not taking care of himself this would have never have happen. The remarks that he made about three weeks ago set all of this in action. The press took those remarks and added fuel to them which was what Barnhart wanted them to do. He put the pressure on Tubby by using another source to make himself look better. I guess we will hire another coach that has been out of coaching for a few years that had a bad record when he did coach. That is a top 20 College. Good luck UK

Who would have thought that Kentucky would keep Coach Brooks longer than Coach Smith? Coach Smith has averaged 26 WINS a year. The one that needs to go his Barnhart.

Right, because UK's football level is/and always has been on the same level as the basketball team. :laugh:

First off, Tubby wasn't forced out. He made this move on his own accord.

Secondly, it is probably what is best for both the program and Tubby. This same situation would have been brought up next year, but UK would have had more of an exuse to make Tubby leave.

Third, it was time for a change. People were tired of ball-line defense and our pound the ball into the ground offense. Let's face it, Tubby hasn't been that good against the top 25 in the past 3 years. Time to give someone else a shot.

Tubby is a great man and a great coach. I'll wish him well at Minnesota. I never really had major problems with his coaching ability. I was never a Tubby basher, although at times I would get frustrated. This is what is best for both in this situation.

You know Tubby cares about UK, he could have waited this out and turned this into a "Bob Huggins/UC" situation (sorry GT). Instead, he's leaving on his own terms and isn't going to damage the reputation of the University of Kentucky.:thumb:

So, there's an article talking about the return of football in the Bluegrass, the baseball team is off to it's best start ever after winning the SEC last year and the guy that made these hires needs to be fired? Hm, interesting...

:thumb:

Right, because UK's football level is/and always has been on the same level as the basketball team. :laugh:

Secondly, it is probably what is best for both the program and Tubby. This same situation would have been brought up next year, but UK would have had more of an exuse to make Tubby leave.

Third, it was time for a change. People were tired of ball-line defense and our pound the ball into the ground offense. Let's face it, Tubby hasn't been that good against the top 25 in the past 3 years. Time to give someone else a shot.

Tubby is a great man and a great coach. I'll wish him well at Minnesota. I never really had major problems with his coaching ability. I was never a Tubby basher, although at times I would get frustrated. This is what is best for both in this situation.

You know Tubby cares about UK, he could have waited this out and turned this into a "Bob Huggins/UC" situation (sorry GT). Instead, he's leaving on his own terms and isn't going to damage the reputation of the University of Kentucky.:thumb:

We should just use this post in every Tubby thread to end every argument. This is a great post, and I could't agree more.

Who would have thought that Kentucky would keep Coach Brooks longer than Coach Smith? Coach Smith has averaged 26 WINS a year. The one that needs to go his Barnhart.

Barnhart hire's so far:

Baseball: John Cohen won the first SEC title in schools history and has made Kentucky a National power in only 4 years.

Football: Brooks inherited nothing but problems and won Kentucky's first bowl game in several years this season.

Women's Basketball: Mickie DeMoss took over a program that was in shambles and took them to the big dance last year.

Pretty good track record of coaching hires IMO, as all three programs have been perennial doormats for years, not only in the SEC but nationally. Looks to me like he has worked miracles.

Not sure you can totally 100% classify this as Tubby's own accord but will agree with the rest.

I think it is the best for both worlds.

I agree with the comment made on NCAA last night. About 7-10 years is the life of a UK coach as no one will be able to sustain the level of success that UK fans demand longer than that.

The reason why Saint Rick has UK Sainthood is that he realized that and got out before the "poor" years of only 23 win seasons came about, as they would have for him too.

Crazy really!! What about the time Coach Smith was here before Coach Brooks. Overall I have a Coach Smith: 10 years Coach Brooks: 5.