Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calipari...

Featured Replies

That's fine...Let Billy D come on to UK...I like UofL's chances against Billy the Kid...;) :banana:

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you copy that from the SEC website??? :D

 

 

Heard it from a friends granpaw.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

  • Author
I don't buy that. There is a whole lot of money available to the UK basketball program... ;)

EXACTLY, UK will spend an endless amount of money to get their program goin...

UF is still a football state and the basketball team is and always will be 2nd. Donovan could come to UK and be #1 all over the state.

Yup!

There is a reason that Calipari hasn't had the head coaching job at any of the "Big 6" schools yet.....The guy is probation waiting to happen. Actually I take that back.....I think he just may be the devil of college basketball....:devil:

Personally I believe Calipari is one of the top two coaches for UK and the other being Billy Donovan. Calipari has shown great ability in being able to recruit great players and athletes. His style of play is something that UK fans have longed for ever since the Pitino era. My top choice ultimately would be Billy D and the Calipari a close second.

Care to elaborate?

 

Calipari career

Year School W- L W/L Pct

1988-89 Massachusetts 10-18 .357

1989-90 Massachusetts 17-14 .548

1990-91 Massachusetts 20-13 .606

1991-92 Massachusetts 30-5 .857

1992-93 Massachusetts 24-7 .774

1993-94 Massachusetts 28-7 .800

1994-95 Massachusetts 29-5 .853

1995-96 Massachusetts 31-1 .969 NCAA Tourney Vacated

2000-01 Memphis 21-15 .583

2001-02 Memphis 27-9 .750 NIT champ

2002-03 Memphis 23-7 .767

2003-04 Memphis 22-8 .733

2004-05 Memphis 22-16 .579

2005-06 Memphis 33-4 .892

 

Massachusetts 8 189-70 .730

Memphis 6 148-59 .715

Career 14 337-129 .723

 

Tubby Career

Georgia 2 45-19 .703

Kentucky 9 241-71 .772

Career 15 365-133 .733

Where is the big step up

 

Two things to notice, NIT champ Tub and UK never even in it.

 

And the BIGGIE NCAA Tourney Vacated

Comparing records of the two is useless.

Comparing records of the two is useless.

 

I agree. Personally I would like to see Tubby's record at UK from his first season to the last as well.

The Memphis players with their wife beater shirts on the bench would fly well at Rupp for about 1 game.

I bet they can't. If Florida REALLY decided they were in it to win it, UK couldn't keep up.

I believe they can, don't know if they would want to, but when it comes to basketball I think UK can compete with UF in every area but on the court.

Comparing records of the two is useless.

 

You are right, Smith is superior in every aspect... No comparison...

I believe they can, don't know if they would want to, but when it comes to basketball I think UK can compete with UF in every area but on the court.
The only question of desire is in Florida's case. If they were completely committed, UK couldn't touch the salary they could offer.
The only question of desire is in Florida's case. If they were completely committed, UK couldn't touch the salary they could offer.

Again you are WAY off here. UK will no doubt be able to one up anything Florida can pony up if they really want Billy D...

The only question of desire is in Florida's case. If they were completely committed, UK couldn't touch the salary they could offer.

 

 

I don't see what your basis for saying that is.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.