"VanHoose High School Career Over"

ACE

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, read the header and realized how tough it was going to be to not be

"right in the thick" of March Madness this year. Russell was on a roll before this injury, and still has plenty of talent to make it to Rupp. There are 6 other seniors on that team and you may write them off at your own peril! Look for the names Ferguson, Harvey, and Mayberry to be mentioned more often this month. Robinson, Blair,Gill,Turner, and Frazier are more than capable of making up the scoring that Jon was doing.

To the staff at Lewis County, thanks for your care and concern for Jon tuesday night. Kudos to Mark Hilburn who provided immediate care and got ice on the knee to lessen the swelling and make the rehab easier. Special thanks to Stephanie Johnson who went to the Locker Room to provide extra nursing care for Jon while they were treating him.

To Jonathan "SOME RELATION" Van Hoose, ok , I admit I'm partial to this kid. I have been ever since our first nerf ball game in his bedroom. Of course there was the game winners against Boyd County and Elliot County that I'll never forget. The d-1 scholarship, and all the other "award stuff", I'm going to miss traveling all over the country with you just playing basketball, but I'll really miss the way you and the other guys "played together". When you were on as a team, it was a thing of beauty and was fun just watching you guys have fun.

Thanks for giving me a great 'career' - being your dad has been the best job I could ever have - getting to coach you and watch you mature into a fine young man and athlete has been icing on the cake. I loved you, kid - from the moment I laid eyes on you!

Would have been nice to hear that big booming voice in Rupp say "THREE BY VANHOOSE" one more time, but it just wasnt meant to be. But who can complain with the career you had !What a ride.:thumb:

I will be there for your home opener at Evansville

(Can someone please hit fast forward):D

In the meantime

GO RUSSELL

:thumb::thumb: Excellent post!!!

Prayers go out for a full recovery.

Best of luck at Evansville and you'll do fine, with a father like you have....

Have to agree with that statement too. I remember JV from his days as a RH Royal and even though he was a little mischievous now and then, he was always a gentlemen.

"right in the thick" of March Madness this year. Russell was on a roll before this injury, and still has plenty of talent to make it to Rupp. There are 6 other seniors on that team and you may write them off at your own peril! Look for the names Ferguson, Harvey, and Mayberry to be mentioned more often this month. Robinson, Blair,Gill,Turner, and Frazier are more than capable of making up the scoring that Jon was doing.

To the staff at Lewis County, thanks for your care and concern for Jon tuesday night. Kudos to Mark Hilburn who provided immediate care and got ice on the knee to lessen the swelling and make the rehab easier. Special thanks to Stephanie Johnson who went to the Locker Room to provide extra nursing care for Jon while they were treating him.

To Jonathan "SOME RELATION" Van Hoose, ok , I admit I'm partial to this kid. I have been ever since our first nerf ball game in his bedroom. Of course there was the game winners against Boyd County and Elliot County that I'll never forget. The d-1 scholarship, and all the other "award stuff", I'm going to miss traveling all over the country with you just playing basketball, but I'll really miss the way you and the other guys "played together". When you were on as a team, it was a thing of beauty and was fun just watching you guys have fun.

Thanks for giving me a great 'career' - being your dad has been the best job I could ever have - getting to coach you and watch you mature into a fine young man and athlete has been icing on the cake. I loved you, kid - from the moment I laid eyes on you!

Would have been nice to hear that big booming voice in Rupp say "THREE BY VANHOOSE" one more time, but it just wasnt meant to be. But who can complain with the career you had !What a ride.:thumb:

In the meantime

GO RUSSELL

Great post. Personally I've been through a similar situation and you brought back some feelings I've not felt in a long time. I for one hope for the best for your son and will follow him at the next level:thumb:

Wow im so sorry to hear that being a Scott County fan I have heard his named mentioned against against Matt Walls for mr basketball. I'm so sorry for the unfortunate event and I wish him to a speedy recovery and success at the next level

WAIT A MINUTE HERE...

Do you mean to tell me that Shooterx3 is actually Jonathan VanHoose's dad... :eek: :creepy: :scared: :jump: :p

Who'da ever put two and two together on that one... :lol:

Great post Shooter, you actually brought a tear to my eye with what has to be your best post ever. All us dads can relate to your sentiments, and we certainly wish Jonathan a full and speedy recovery. :thumb:

In the meantime

GO RUSSELL

Jon you are a class act you stand at the top of a list of great players.Good luck to you and you are a warrior and you will be back. Shootorx3 you are a class act as well.

My prayers go out to Jonathan and his family. I know that, even though he won't be on the court, his hard work and leadership will spill over onto the court. The other guys on the team have learned a lot from him and will have that knowledge and experience Friday night and in Morehead. Good luck Jonathan in the future.

By the way, has anyone heard anything about Blair turning his ankle in practice on Thursday. I know he did, but wasn't sure of the severity.