"VanHoose High School Career Over"

ACE

what a great post shooter. Sometimes we don't tell the ones we love the most exactly how much they mean to us and how much we appreciate them. Print this off for Jon, place it in his scrapbook, and I can guarantee you he'll read it over and over and over. Each time it will become more and more dear to his heart.

Jon, keep your spirits high and focus on rehab. You are young and have a wonderful future still ahead of you.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also wish a speedy recovery for Jonathan. He is such a great player and even better of a person, especially to me as I have got to know him quite well over the last four years.

Prayers are with Jonathan Vanhoose, his family, and his team from all of Morgan County.

Always sad to hear that a kid has had his/her High School career cut short by injury. In this case, and by all accounts, this is a special young man and I wish him the best in his recovery. I'm sure that Jon's work ethic that has got him to this point in his career will continue through this set back an will lead to a full recovery. God Bless from Tomcat Nation and good luck at the next level.

Had the pleasure of watching him last year at the AIT & again this year at the 5/3rd, and I really hate to see his HS career end this way!! Best of luck from "up north" to him in his recovery and in his college career!!

Wow, read the header and realized how tough it was going to be to not be

"right in the thick" of March Madness this year. Russell was on a roll before this injury, and still has plenty of talent to make it to Rupp. There are 6 other seniors on that team and you may write them off at your own peril! Look for the names Ferguson, Harvey, and Mayberry to be mentioned more often this month. Robinson, Blair,Gill,Turner, and Frazier are more than capable of making up the scoring that Jon was doing.

To the staff at Lewis County, thanks for your care and concern for Jon tuesday night. Kudos to Mark Hilburn who provided immediate care and got ice on the knee to lessen the swelling and make the rehab easier. Special thanks to Stephanie Johnson who went to the Locker Room to provide extra nursing care for Jon while they were treating him.

To Jonathan "SOME RELATION" Van Hoose, ok , I admit I'm partial to this kid. I have been ever since our first nerf ball game in his bedroom. Of course there was the game winners against Boyd County and Elliot County that I'll never forget. The d-1 scholarship, and all the other "award stuff", I'm going to miss traveling all over the country with you just playing basketball, but I'll really miss the way you and the other guys "played together". When you were on as a team, it was a thing of beauty and was fun just watching you guys have fun.

Thanks for giving me a great 'career' - being your dad has been the best job I could ever have - getting to coach you and watch you mature into a fine young man and athlete has been icing on the cake. I loved you, kid - from the moment I laid eyes on you!

Would have been nice to hear that big booming voice in Rupp say "THREE BY VANHOOSE" one more time, but it just wasnt meant to be. But who can complain with the career you had !What a ride.:thumb:

I will be there for your home opener at Evansville

(Can someone please hit fast forward):D

In the meantime

GO RUSSELL

Great post shooter, emotonal and touching. I know that we have had battles on here in the past but I can honestly say I feel for you on this. Jonathan is a great h.s. basketbll player, I have always said that and I truly wish him well.

Russell will be fine and right in the mix. They still have the most talent even without Jon. Terrible that it happened. Great player. Never want to see anybody's career end that way. Rehab hard and you will be fine at Evansville.

Best of luck!