Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 38 Covington Catholic 20

The Biggest Ky Rivalry 111 members have voted

  1. 1. Who you with?

    • Highlands
      73%
    • Covington Catholic
      26%

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
4 minutes ago, TheConfluence said:

I do know it will be on Bluebird Radio. I'll see if I can find that link.

Thank you, I was just about to say they have allowed @Brennan_Bucher in with bluebird radio in the past, but no other livestream option like 859sportsradio or 859Insider will be there I believe.

  • Replies 250
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Jack of all Trades
    Jack of all Trades

    Kind of curious about this post. Why does Lorenzen become the difference if wet? How about putting Kremer and Lorenzen in the backfield together with Armstrong and take your chances. Any of the 3 a

  • Prayers to the Colonel players tonight, I'm hearing a Senior starter lost his Father unexpectedly last night. Heavy stuff for those boys.

  • theguru
    theguru

    If you are CovCath, ouch. For Highlands, amazing performance and we should all be seeing you in the state championship.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Thank you, I was just about to say they have allowed @Brennan_Bucher in with bluebird radio in the past, but no other livestream option like 859sportsradio or 859Insider will be there I believe.

I heard Gavin Wagner (HHS Sophomore) will be on the Mic representing Bluebird Radio, but no official confirmation on that.

The 2 major concerns for Cov Cath here are:

  1. Shaky special teams - we're constantly giving up points on PATs, giving up long returns and our top 2 returners are injured (Mac Cogswell - out and Brandon Smith - looks like he's playing at maybe 60%) so we don't even have juice in the return game.

  2. Run defense away from Jonny Lind. Jonny is a stud, but Beechwood abused running away from him and it probably won't be better against Highlands.

5 hours ago, Oldercoach said:

If there is a reasonably dry field Armstrong will be the difference. If it is a wet, slippery night Lorenzen becomes the difference. In either case Highlands by 10. Would selfishly like to see the Colonels win this battle and make the Beechwood victory even sweeter.

Kind of curious about this post. Why does Lorenzen become the difference if wet? How about putting Kremer and Lorenzen in the backfield together with Armstrong and take your chances. Any of the 3 are capable of 100 yard rushing games and then defense cannot key on just one.

Highlands 34-20.

2 hours ago, Bluebird said:

What is the livestream availability on this titanic struggle? (Apologies to Marty Brenneman!)

2 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Cov Cath has their own "pay per view' channel. Someone smarter than me can post that link. I just checked and the link for this game isn't up yet. I don't think they will allow any other streaming option.

I believe the price to pay for 1 game stream is $10.

2 hours ago, TheConfluence said:

I do know it will be on Bluebird Radio. I'll see if I can find that link.

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Thank you, I was just about to say they have allowed @Brennan_Bucher in with bluebird radio in the past, but no other livestream option like 859sportsradio or 859Insider will be there I believe.

1 hour ago, TheConfluence said:

I heard Gavin Wagner (HHS Sophomore) will be on the Mic representing Bluebird Radio, but no official confirmation on that.

https://www.covcath.org/athletics/tickets-and-broadcasting.cfm

cchhhs.jpg

Bluebirds make the trip west and win by 7

This is unofficially the district championship game. No disrespect to Mason County, but they're not beating Cov Cath nor Highlands this year. The winner of this game should lock up the 1 seed in the district, so expect both teams to bring their A game. With that said, Highlands is playing some excellent football right now.

Give me the Birds by 10 !

I have learned to never underestimate CCH in big games but I think Highlands is the better football team and will win the game.

I can't wait to watch this one!

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

I have learned to never underestimate CCH in big games but I think Highlands is the better football team and will win the game.

I can't wait to watch this one!

CCH is a good Football Team and you never can count out Eddie in a big time game! It should be a dandy!

Just now, Birds Fly South said:

CCH is a good Football Team and you never can count out Eddie in a big time game! It should be a dandy!

No disagreement from me.

6 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Cov Cath has their own "pay per view' channel. Someone smarter than me can post that link. I just checked and the link for this game isn't up yet. I don't think they will allow any other streaming option.

I believe the price to pay for 1 game stream is $10.

I streamed the CovCath vs Beechwood game. Good picture quality but view a little distant rather than ideal.

1 hour ago, Oldercoach said:

I streamed the CovCath vs Beechwood game. Good picture quality but view a little distant rather than ideal.

I do think on occasion they back too far away from the action.

I've tried for an hour to get Cov Cath to take my money for the live broadcast. Nothing but brick walls. I'm no internet expert but I have no problem ordering items from it. This is frustrating for an old man. Where am I going wrong gentleman?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.