Marty Schottenheimer fired

bugatti

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ESPNEWS John Clayton said "Cowher would trun it down on the fact that he and Schottenheimer were good friends."

I don't believe Cowher will be the Coach at San Diego next year, but I don't personally see how Marty could be upset with him taking the job if he didn't have anything to do with him getting fired.

I'm sure they'll dig up an old retread like Norv Turner, Art Shell, or Mike Ditka. You look at teams like the Bears, Saints, and Jets and see what fresh faces can do. You look at the Cardianals, Raiders, and Cowboys and see what old retreads did. Then Dallas goes out and gets another retread. I wouldn't be surprized to see the Chargers go the safe route instead of going after a fresh face.

Pete Carroll....I think this would be one of the only jobs in the NFL that he really would consider leaving the gold mind he has at USC, because he will be going to a team that already has most of the pieces. So he would be able to leave USC where he was on top, and go straight to the NFL and be on one of the best teams in the NFL as well...

If you want to get rid of Marty, get rid of him. Stupid to wait this late to fire him when now they have to scramble to find a coach... This team is ready to win NOW, I would be hesitant about hiring a first time coach.

Good name kicked around on NFL Radio this morning... Dan Reeves. Wants to get back into the game and proven coach. Doubt if it happens, however.

Sucks for Marty too because he would have been picked up immediately elsewhere had this happend a month ago.

I think Marty's bad rep is unfair. It's not like all the playoff losses were on his shoulders. I mean it isn't a coaches fault that his kicker missed a field goal or your running back fumbled on his way into the end zone. I know that it is inevitable for the coach not to be blamed but still, one player makes a play in the past and we have an entire different view of him as a coach.