Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Hazard

Featured Replies

Bulldogs looking for a new coach.

IMG_9548.jpeg

  • Replies 30
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Might tell you something. It's getting tougher every year. 

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    I'm hearing this is an instance of the wrong parents having the ear of the right school administrator to have Coach Chandler run off. Add Hazard to Lincoln County and Central Hardin on the list o

  • This is from Matt Chandler per a Facebook Post.   On Thursday afternoon around 1 PM I was informed by our athletic director of the decision by school administration to not renew my coaching con

Posted Images

This isn’t a good look for the Hazard regime.

This is the 25th job to come open this season...and there's still 1 day left of the 2025 football season.

Nick Mills. Defensive Coordinator from Boyle. He should've got it last time. 

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

This is the 25th job to come open this season...and there's still 1 day left of the 2025 football season.

Might tell you something. It's getting tougher every year. 

Had interesting conversations this week, highlighted by two coaches on opposite ends of the spectrum. One.. thought he had the best job I think I have ever heard of in terms of a set up. The other, thought he had the worst job I have ever heard of in terms of the setup. 

Seems like we are moving toward extremes with very few examples that are positive. 

Hazard just lost a good man and great coach.  He did not want to leave.  Sad situation. 

Can you expound on that some more? To me Hazard seems like a solid program.

3 hours ago, jvdfc said:

Hazard just lost a good man and great coach.  He did not want to leave.  Sad situation. 

3 hours ago, Breds82 said:

Can you expound on that some more? To me Hazard seems like a solid program.

I'm hearing this is an instance of the wrong parents having the ear of the right school administrator to have Coach Chandler run off.

Add Hazard to Lincoln County and Central Hardin on the list of schools not to go coach for. It's a sad state of affairs when administrations will fire you just because you have one or two parents complaining after you don't start their kids.

Geez. If that’s the case how do these adults function in the real world? I get you want the best for your child, but these things are psychotic. I’ll say they are very polite to your face but once you turn your back…..

  • Author

This is from Matt Chandler per a Facebook Post.
 

On Thursday afternoon around 1 PM I was informed by our athletic director of the decision by school administration to not renew my coaching contract beyond this year. I was told that I could resign or be given a non renewal letter by Monday December 8th. 

I was told that a meeting occurred that I was unaware of where some assistant coaches told the athletic director that they were not happy with the direction of the program or the way that things were handled within the program.  They claimed there was a lack of opportunity for input from staff throughout the year.  

I was also informed that “all but 4” players on the current roster had said they would not be playing this year if I were retained. This information was allegedly obtained through contact with all the parents of the student athletes on the roster.  To my knowledge, this is not true.  Multiple parents have reached out saying they were never contacted by anyone to ask about their players plans going forward, and that their players were planning to come back out next year. 

I was encouraged to keep quiet about the circumstances surrounding my resignation in order to protect my standing within the coaching community and pursue other jobs. That became nearly impossible when inevitably word spread quickly in the community and people began to ask what was happening with myself and my family. I did not feel comfortable lying to my players or the people within a community that I have poured my heart and soul into, especially when it became clear that there was a narrative being created that I had already accepted another job prior to my resignation. 

I would like to be very clear on two things. Number 1 I am far from perfect. I am sure that there were situations and scenarios that, as an inexperienced head coach, I did not handle as well as I could have. With that said there was never a single day where this school, my players, and my staff was given anything less than 100% of myself and my family. Communication of any issues amongst our staff and football family was constantly encouraged and input from everyone was always asked for. If anyone had anything they felt was an issue or concern, the opportunity to address it was always there. 

Number 2 I did not resign for any reason other than I was encouraged to do so before word got out about the school’s plans to non-renew my contract. I didn’t want to be anywhere but Hazard. I was making and finalizing preparations for the 2026 off season early in the week, planning our community service opportunities, working on plans for our Leadership Council, and continuing work on the locker room renovations our program had fundraised for. 

I hope that our community, school, and players understand the level to which myself and my family committed to ensuring their success both on and off the field. Thank you to everyone who supported us and made the last two years an absolute pleasure.

Matt Chandler

What a mess. Do the higher ups not think the other side of the story will ever come out? Are they so far academia that they are that dense?

4 hours ago, Breds82 said:

Geez. If that’s the case how do these adults function in the real world? I get you want the best for your child, but these things are psychotic. I’ll say they are very polite to your face but once you turn your back…..

These types epitomize "gutless".

More times than not, the parents like this who cause the problem(s)? Their kid(s) fall into one of these categories:

1- They start, sometimes both sides, sometimes one side.....but, they (parents) just know they should be at another position.

2- More touches.

..and, the worst, yet most amusing.

3- Can't play dead in a Cowboy & Indian movie (nor could their father's, if they even attempted to play at all....often times didn't)

Absolutely hate that for Coach Chandler extreme cut throat business he's awesome a good coach who will bounce back from this he was awesome at Franklin County as well as hazard. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.