Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Montgomery County

Featured Replies

After 4 years and a 14-29 record Coach Caba has been relieved of his duties. This could be an intriguing opening in a winnable district in 5a.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Here is a BGPreps memory.... can't remember what year. But, I was the coach at Mason. The Montgomery job was open. Stephanie and I saw no one on campus other than the AD we met with to discuss the job

  • My first and only call would be to Phillip Stockdale. Listen to the man, give him whatever he needs. He's from the area, and is a guy who has several years under his belt in the game. This would be a

  • I remember when Pat Dale left Danville HS to go to Montgomery Co (early 70s). Mount Sterling HS was crazy good, pre-merger. From the outside looking in, was going to be a perennial power house. Always

From Coach Michael Caba on Facebook:

I was informed that I have been relieved of my duties as the head football coach at MCHS. It has been a true honor to coach these young men, to invest in their lives, and to witness their growth on and off the field. I’m proud of what the Tribe has accomplished in my time here…changed the culture to one of brotherhood that has led to friendships that will last a lifetime, became leaders in our school, and brought the district championship back to Montgomery County for the first time in 26 years. I wish each of them continued success in all they pursue.

As I move forward, I remain committed to following God’s plan. I believe He brought my family and me to Mt. Sterling with purpose (24 WINS…iykyk), and I trust in His guidance as He leads us into the next chapter of our journey.

Thank you to all the individuals and organizations who have supported me, my family, our players, and our program. Your dedication has made a lasting impact on the youth of Montgomery County, and I am deeply grateful.

Reflecting on the past four years, I am truly thankful for the meaningful relationships I've established. This community has some incredibly special and talented people.

So did he win 14 games or 24 games as he states?

I am confused.

My first and only call would be to Phillip Stockdale. Listen to the man, give him whatever he needs. He's from the area, and is a guy who has several years under his belt in the game. This would be a very smart hire for Montgomery County.

  • Author

14 100% positive. I don’t know what the 24 is about. He was:

3-8

3-8

5-5

3-8

Very winnable district, with respect to other teams. I feel as if those schools share common demographics, financial support, and athlete levels. Could be a very good job this cycle! 

1 hour ago, MatCoach08 said:

My first and only call would be to Phillip Stockdale. Listen to the man, give him whatever he needs. He's from the area, and is a guy who has several years under his belt in the game. This would be a very smart hire for Montgomery County.

I do not know much at all about Montgomery Co but played college ball and coached with Stockdale.  Great coach and leader!! 

Phillip Stockdale should absolutely be the first call. He has valuable experience in rebuilding a program. He took a Nelson County team that hadn’t won in years and made them competitive and respectable. To this day the school still uses the tenants and philosophy he created. Coach Stockdale will instill toughness, discipline and character rarely seen in today’s youth. If Montgomery County would provide him the resources needed, there program could be elevated to new heights. The entire school would benefit greatly from his leadership teachings, his strength training experiences, and his football knowledge.  The fact he is from Montgomery County is just icing on the cake. 

Why wasn’t Stockdale considered for the job before now?

This could be a great job if someone is given the chance and has a clear vision. Caba had 4 years and his son did a lot of the work for the team but it doesn’t seem they developed too much. The next guy needs a 5 year plan on development from the top down and getting numbers up. 

How is the youth program set up?  Does the head coach have any input for the youth program?

Here is a BGPreps memory.... can't remember what year. But, I was the coach at Mason. The Montgomery job was open. Stephanie and I saw no one on campus other than the AD we met with to discuss the job. 

Sure enough....it shows up here... "David Buchanan was at Montgomery Co. HS, the Friday after Thanksgiving."  

@theguru has eyes, everywhere! Lol

42 minutes ago, ChiefSmoke said:

Here is a BGPreps memory.... can't remember what year. But, I was the coach at Mason. The Montgomery job was open. Stephanie and I saw no one on campus other than the AD we met with to discuss the job. 

Sure enough....it shows up here... "David Buchanan was at Montgomery Co. HS, the Friday after Thanksgiving."  

@theguru has eyes, everywhere! Lol

Does theguru ever sleep???

5 hours ago, MrKnowNothing said:

How is the youth program set up?  Does the head coach have any input for the youth program?

Any head coach can have some input if they care enough. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.