Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport 18 Covington Holy Cross 3

Newport vs. Covington Holy Cross 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Newport
      37%
    • Covington Holy Cross
      62%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/15/2025 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

46 minutes ago, DRKARK said:

@Honey Badger I might be wrong, but I really think Newport has the better team. This is definitely one of the games Friday night. I want to try to keep up with. Juggs first though lol

Don't get me wrong though, somebody is going to have to earn this one.

These teams know each other well and there is a ton of mutual respect between the two. History says they have to.

They have played 20 times. Series 10-10.

Holy Cross won the first 6 from 2007-2012.

Newport has won 8 of the last 10. With 2 four game winning streaks including the one they are currently riding into this matchup. 

I know Holy Cross feels comfortable with who they are. They feel like they have a good mixture of experience with young talent. Their sophomore class beat Newport in the 8th grade middle school small division championship which still seems like it was not that long ago. And they let Newport know all about it. The young Cats still have a nasty taste in their mouth from that one. The older Cats don't really know too much about losing to Holy Cross and they don't plan on finding out.

This is a game where names are made or solidified and people remember it for ever.

 

  • Replies 46
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Double Deuce
    The Double Deuce

    I think this is a great opportunity for hard working kids from two non-traditional football powers to push into the 3rd round.   Give me HC by 10-14.

  • Been thinking about this one. I said I want Newport to win but I think that Holy Cross does so. I need to back track on that.  Since Newports game vs NCC it looks like they have pivoted on offens

  • PanthersProwling
    PanthersProwling

    I agree with you. HC has a state title to their name and Newport has had some really great teams in the past. I feel like you could make a pretty good list of players to come out of both schools. 

Posted Images

I am partial to any school that begins with “Covington” so give me HC by two scores. 

I just feel like Newport gets this one. I mean they turned the ball over to NewCath 5 times, that’s unreal, and still kept it competitive. I’m  not sold on the strength of schedule of Holy Cross to say they’re heads and shoulders above Newport. 

20 hours ago, _kyboyb_ said:

I am partial to any school that begins with “Covington” so give me HC by two scores. 

It really should start with " Latonia ". 

  • Author
Just now, Honey Badger said:

It really should start with " Latonia ". 

Back in 2004, the Middle School team was called the "Latonia Indians".

22 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

It really should start with " Latonia ". 

And should end with "Behind Bard's," but why split hairs.  I can't get enough of Bard's!

I think Newport will pull this one out late. Just not convinced on HC just yet due to their schedule. However there’s something to be said about building a winning mentality and an expectation to win. I’ll keep a close eye on this one Friday! 

This is the game that I will be attending.

2 hours ago, hrcarrier said:

This is the game that I will be attending.

Please provide us updates.

  • Author
7 hours ago, Bac2369 said:

Please provide us updates.

We will be providing updates at the end of each quarter and for each score on X.

Holy Cross Football

On 11/10/2025 at 4:34 PM, Breds82 said:

I mean they turned the ball over to NewCath 5 times, that’s unreal, and still kept it competitive.

I wanted to say that if they turn it over 5 times this Friday there is no way it will be competitive but in all reality it actually could be. That's definitely not a winning recipe though and I think they are going to have to play really clean football to not be at a disadvantage and win the turnover battle.

Buck-Barber shows why he is probably the best DB in NKY. I see him coming up with a huge pick, maybe for 6.

Sharp is a really good DB as well.

Newport up 12-3 over Holy Cross at halftime per Holy Cross Twitter.

12-3 Newport is leading at Halftime

On 11/10/2025 at 3:09 PM, BlueBloodedColonel said:

HC will win this by a long shot.

?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.