Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport 18 Covington Holy Cross 3

Newport vs. Covington Holy Cross 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Newport
      37%
    • Covington Holy Cross
      62%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/15/2025 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 46
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Double Deuce
    The Double Deuce

    I think this is a great opportunity for hard working kids from two non-traditional football powers to push into the 3rd round.   Give me HC by 10-14.

  • Been thinking about this one. I said I want Newport to win but I think that Holy Cross does so. I need to back track on that.  Since Newports game vs NCC it looks like they have pivoted on offens

  • PanthersProwling
    PanthersProwling

    I agree with you. HC has a state title to their name and Newport has had some really great teams in the past. I feel like you could make a pretty good list of players to come out of both schools. 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Bac2369 said:

Details?

I'm only seeing score updates from HC Twitter. No details 

I really wanted to make it out for this tonight but ended up not being able to.

18-3 Final Score Newport wins

 

Newport advances to the third round after a stellar defensive performance. 

Congratulations to the Wildcats, happy about them advancing.

39 minutes ago, PanthersProwling said:

Newport advances to the third round after a stellar defensive performance. 

I figure the fast Newport Defense would give them some trouble.

32 minutes ago, Bac2369 said:

I figure the fast Newport Defense would give them some trouble.

Holy Cross had opportunities to score, but Newport recovered and got the ball back. 

  • Author

Here is the stat summary for the game.

TurboStats GameCast for Football: Holy Cross Indians_vs_Newport Wildcats

The Newport Wildcats came to play tonight with a terrific defensive effort in defeating the Covington Holy Cross Indians 18-3 at Scott High School.  The Wildcat defense held the Indians to 27 yards rushing and 127 yards passing.  The Indians had their chances, but bad decisions and critical turnovers did not help.

For Newport, QB Jaden Conley was 6-15 passing for 70 yards and 1 TD to Carvonta Roper.  Conley also ran for another TD.  RB Kendall Buck-Barber was very effective running for 97 yards on 19 carries.  

For Holy Cross, QB Brian Ferguson was 11-21 passing for 127 yards and 1 INT.  The Indians played solid defense as well tonight.

Next Friday night, in the third round of the playoffs, based on a reshuffling of the bracket due to RPI, Newport (8-4) advances to play Kentucky Country Day (winners over Louisville Holy Cross 45-7).  Covington Holy Cross ends their season at 11-1.

Screenshot 2025-11-14 233614.JPG

Screenshot 2025-11-14 233636.JPG

7 hours ago, PanthersProwling said:

Newport advances to the third round after a stellar defensive performance. 

Didn't see that one coming, or did I?

Ferguson has a 41 yard scamper, and then is -9 on the other 13 carries / sacks?  Interesting stat-line.

Kudos to Newport on a stout defensive effort.  

Holy Cross has much to be proud of.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.