Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montgomery County Gym

Featured Replies

If that is where those districts decide to be the best site, so be it. Maybe one of their churches have a fullcourt.;)

:lol:

  • Replies 174
  • Views 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you build it, they will come. Isn't that how the saying goes. Isn't there anyone out there with the need for a tax write off? Let's start a campaign to increase the size of the Devil Dome, the Panther's Den or the Ice Palace in Brooksville. So they can host the regional tournament. Just to make sure the fieldhouse never sees it again!:laugh:

 

Would that make everyone happy?

Hey I think there's even a fire marshall that lives in Robertson Co. too.:D

Well Clark Co is in the planning stages...still 4 or more years away...of building a new High School.....:sssh:

I think most people are missing the point here. It has absolutely nothing to do with people not liking Mason Co. It has everything to do with a competing school hosting the region on their home court every year. Therefor in all fairness the site should be rotated. In an ideal world the 10th region would have a site like MSU or EKU that is neutral and where no competing school can play a regular season game. If NKU ends up having a facility capable of hosting the tourny I would be more than willing to drive up there every year from Mt. Sterling to watch the tourny. This is with the understanding that no competing school has access to the court until tourny time. Until then it should rotate.

Well Clark Co is in the planning stages...still 4 or more years away...of building a new High School.....:sssh:

 

So is Deming and they've almost got all the funding only it won't be called Deming anymore. The new name is Robertson County High School. They're modeling it after Mason Co.'s new intermediate school. The one that has 2 gyms. Ooops, I said that dirty word again. The one that very few on this site seem to like. :D

I think most people are missing the point here. It has absolutely nothing to do with people not liking Mason Co. It has everything to do with a competing school hosting the region on their home court every year. Therefor in all fairness the site should be rotated. In an ideal world the 10th region would have a site like MSU or EKU that is neutral and where no competing school can play a regular season game. If NKU ends up having a facility capable of hosting the tourny I would be more than willing to drive up there every year from Mt. Sterling to watch the tourny. This is with the understanding that no competing school has access to the court until tourny time. Until then it should rotate.

Bull and you know it,I try to stay out these silly threads but simple fact 8 out out 10 10th region fans that is not Mason hates the Royals and would like nothing more than to try and make it as much as possible of a struggle for them.:rolleyes:

Bull and you know it,I try to stay out these silly threads but simple fact 8 out out 10 10th region fans that is not Mason hates the Royals and would like nothing more than to try and make it as much as possible of a struggle for them.:rolleyes:

 

NOt true here..don't hate the Royals...We have great respect for them.:thumb: Always proud to say that they are from our region.

I am by no means a Mason County fan. But, Mason has the best facalities in the region and the most seating. Year in and year out the semis and finals are jam packed in the biggest gym in the region. So until there is a bigger gym in the region let common sense prevail and hold it were the most people can be accomadated.

If you build it, they will come. Isn't that how the saying goes. Isn't there anyone out there with the need for a tax write off? Let's start a campaign to increase the size of the Devil Dome, the Panther's Den or the Ice Palace in Brooksville. So they can host the regional tournament. Just to make sure the fieldhouse never sees it again!:laugh:

 

Would that make everyone happy?

 

I've got the perfect solution LittleRoyal. Let campaign our state legislature to build a multipurpose facility at Blue Licks State Park. Let's say about 10,000. They could hold sporting events, conventions, and concerts. This is the most centralized area in the region. This way no one would have a homecourt advantage.:ylsuper:

Sounds like the perfect plan to me! Maybe I'll win the lottery and donate it! I really wanted to make everyone see just how stupid the idea of moving it from the biggest facility in the region out of petty jealously really is. Now everyone should've have figured out where I'm from. I just attend alot of Mason County's game because I enjoy watching them play! I also go to many Deming games!

 

I did attend the game played at Montgomery Co and this gym is no where as big as the fieldhouse. The one side that has the large concrete wall should have been used as seating if they had wanted to compete. Also the people of Montgomery Co didn't support the the showcase games that I attended. They had many of the states top teams playing in Mt Sterling and the crowd was terrible!! Are they really going to show up to watch games such as Deming vs. Mason or GRC vs Augusta. I think not! Fans from Deming, Bracken Co. Augusta, Fleming Co and other surrounding counties go to the fieldhouse for the tournament as a social event. They're used to going and look forward to it. I wouldn't drive over an hour to go to these games but I sure do drive to Maysville and look forward to it every year.

 

Another thought. MCHS spent 8.1 million dollars on a new gym. How do their classrooms look? Do they have advanced technology such as smart boards in every classroom? It's already been stated on this thread that they have a .10 football field. Maybe they have their priorities a little out of whack! I know when Deming builds the new school the emphasis will be on classrooms and the education of the students, not attracting the 10th regional tournament!

Are the fields that bad?

 

YES!

However, the school itself is VERY nice. Nice cafeteria, nice library, nice classrooms.

Well Clark Co is in the planning stages...still 4 or more years away...of building a new High School.....:sssh:

 

I hope you pick a location that's better, one off of the bypass that's easier to find!

Sounds like the perfect plan to me! Maybe I'll win the lottery and donate it! I really wanted to make everyone see just how stupid the idea of moving it from the biggest facility in the region out of petty jealously really is. Now everyone should've have figured out where I'm from. I just attend alot of Mason County's game because I enjoy watching them play! I also go to many Deming games!

 

I did attend the game played at Montgomery Co and this gym is no where as big as the fieldhouse. The one side that has the large concrete wall should have been used as seating if they had wanted to compete. Also the people of Montgomery Co didn't support the the showcase games that I attended. They had many of the states top teams playing in Mt Sterling and the crowd was terrible!! Are they really going to show up to watch games such as Deming vs. Mason or GRC vs Augusta. I think not! Fans from Deming, Bracken Co. Augusta, Fleming Co and other surrounding counties go to the fieldhouse for the tournament as a social event. They're used to going and look forward to it. I wouldn't drive over an hour to go to these games but I sure do drive to Maysville and look forward to it every year.

 

Another thought. MCHS spent 8.1 million dollars on a new gym. How do their classrooms look? Do they have advanced technology such as smart boards in every classroom? It's already been stated on this thread that they have a .10 football field. Maybe they have their priorities a little out of whack! I know when Deming builds the new school the emphasis will be on classrooms and the education of the students, not attracting the 10th regional tournament!

First of all, the people in charge of the KY Prep Classic were very pleased with the crowds, especially considering that they were up against a home UK game, and they have already committed to bringing it back to Mt. Sterling next year. Just like you stated, I'm sure a lot of casual fans in Maysville and the surrounding areas won't attend the games that aren't considered marquee matchups next year, just like the people in Winchester, Mt. Sterling, etc. don't attend those games in Maysville every year. There will be a lot of casual fans in Winchester, Mt. Sterling, and the surrounding areas that will attend games in Mt. Sterling that wouldn't drive to Maysville.

 

As far as the classrooms and other facilities at Montgomery County, the new gym was the last part of a complete renovation of the entire campus, classrooms, administrator offices, cafeteria, lobbies, etc. They are also about to begin renovation of two elementary schools in the county, so the priorities are not out of whack! Spending more money to make the gym larger in hopes of maybe getting a regional tournament once every four years and having that be the only time that it was full would have been a case of having priorities out of whack! Not sure where the comments about the football field are coming from. Part of the renovations included new bleachers and a press box, as well as a new practice field, new entrances, lighting, and additions to the football fieldhouse. They are also making improvements to the baseball and softball fields that are to be completed prior to the star of those seasons. I'll put the overall sports facilities at Montgomery County up against anybody in the region.

 

It has nothing to do with petty jealousy, it's a matter of FAIRNESS for the kids playing for a chance to go to Rupp.

Bottom line: Only time will tell. Once the regionals are held there, we will know if the gym can handle it. If not, then we will know better for future reference. If it can, then great! We will have another place for a rotation! No use crying over spilled milk that is still in the glass! :D

 

YES, I am quoting myself here. I said this near the beginning, and I am saying it again with my quote.

 

This thread is getting sillier and sillier as time goes on. Why have all this arguing over numbers, who is bigger, better, money, etc??? We aren't accomplishing much on here except making more team rivalry (between the FANS) than what was there before. Sad that grown adults have to argue over this and get all upset about a gym! The only way to actually know for sure what will happen is to let it happen and see what the outcome is! I know that we all think we are "experts" on here, but really we aren't the final say. :D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.